Should i peel dead skin?

Hi so its day 23 and ive notice i have dead skin at the front of my hair line ive peeled off a few bits only to think that this may cause damage? Its taken some hair with it... should i just let to heal naturally?

Thanks

You aren't going to lose any grafts by peeling off skin, but I never think it's a good idea to peel off dead skin unless it's very easy to do. If it's still attached firmly then I wouldn't risk getting sore.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi so its day 23 and ive notice i have dead skin at the front of my hair line ive peeled off a few bits only to think that this may cause damage? Its taken some hair with it... should i just let to heal naturally?

Thanks

Are you referring to the crusts from the grafts?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Dead skin softens and loosens when wet and I think that's the best time to get rid of it. If it's coming away easily while washing then that's good. You could use some kind of moisturiser if it's a problem.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Blue60,

As others have already stated, you won’t lose any transplanted hair by peeling off dead skin however, you do risk picking off too much skin which could be into a red or irritated scalp. Too much irritation can lead to infection which can hurt transplanted hair grafts. So if you’re going to pick dead skin, make sure that it is actually dead and you’re not peeling off some live skin. If it’s too tight and doesn’t come off easily and or you experience any pain while picking, the skin is not dead and should not be picked off.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi

So i got rid of my of my dead skin after taking a shower, i had work and i couldn't go having dead skin flapping about lol

I didn't feel any pain and it came off easy but i know i've felt some sting at some point. Never saw my scalp go red though.

Also if i got a infection, im sure ill know about it. What would the infection look like?

Infections can have accompanying inflammation, red color and even yellowish color in the infected area. Infections can also ooze a pussy substance and sometimes bleeding can occur.

It's always a good idea to contact your doctor if you have any of these visible signs and sending some good sharp pics (images) of the area will be helpful to your doctor.

Otherwise it sounds like you just had some dead flaky skin and nothing serious.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY