Dr. Beehner !!!

EastCoast

Progress Report

I am about 14 weeks post with Dr. Beehner. I choose Dr. Beehner a second time as I was very happy with the results and especially the painless procedure.

A little history of me. I had 2 procedures of about 800 coupled fu (1600 total) from a local Philadelphia Doctor. It was a disaster that kept me wearing a hat for almost 4 years. 800 of the coupled fu were placed in the first 1 ?? of my hairline starting about a ?? inch up, from were some original 1 hair hairline was thinning. After six months my natural hair went and I had nothing but 3 hair grafts and coupled fu's. It was very noticeable. I would also note that at least 40 coupled fu stood straight up and were at different angles; some were placed into the temple area as if he overlapped the hairline. This doctor gave me 2 stacked scars that never really closed.

After waiting say 6 to 7 months for growth I decided to have 3 procedures with a Canadian Doctor (very happy with him too)based over 2 years. All work was fue with a few grafts coming from strip. I had some coupled fu's removed and we tried some singles to camouflage the larger grafts. My scalp was scarred so we could do minimal work in each area to make sure what we did would grow. Well the singles never really masked the grafts. Again I had at least 40 tree-trunk looking grafts that stood pretty much straight up. We also did scar reductions each time but to no avail.

I began shopping for a local HT doctor and Dr. Beehner had some high ratings. Last year, around this time, he performed the most painless surgery every. Well, I was so pleased that I had another procedure about 14 weeks ago with him. I would like to note that hair transplants can be painful. My first HT (not Dr. Beehner) was a series of needles to numb the scalp and believe me each and every one stung. The procedure seemed to last forever. I also feel each slit and had 1 eye swell shut for 2 days. Dr. Beehner on the other hand injected some type of IV sedative that immediately put me at ease. I was then given a nerve block. I did not feel any pain, pressure, or injection what-so-ever. I did not hear the rip of my scalp as I did with the first Doctor. I was totally at ease, time seemed to fly. I had 2 very small scar reductions which netted about 400 grafts. We did not cut from hair bearing shaft to hair bearing shaft as I did not have the laxity. I needed some more grafts so Dr. Beehner thoroughly examined my sides and picked the densest area where no previous FUE was harvested. He was able to grab about 168. The slits were minute so I healed in about 4 days. I can say 14 weeks later that the scar did NOT stretch.

I might add that I was Dr. Beehner's only patient for the day. We sat for quite some time going over what was best. I had some suggestions but his recommendation proved best. He was present during the whole procedure. He cut all the slits and designed the hairline himself.

I was given supplies and medication at a very nominal charge. I had a question or two after the procedure which was answered personally by email right away.

Dr. Beehner is a top doc in my book. His surgery room was immaculate. The staff was very professional. I wish I went to him originally as his approach is a little bit more conservative than others. For instance I would do bigger coupled fu's last, after fully grown in hair transplants. You only need a couple here and there for density.

I have attached 2 before pics at the day of surgery. I have about 6300+- grafts total. This session was to fine tune the weak hairline. I will still need some mid scalp density; I estimate about 800 grafts and of course the crown will be last. I have about 2 strips left which will probably give me 5,000 more grafts.

925106901_03E8F39EF55D3168B0D540DE68EE16B3.JPG.thumb 825106901_4FF88874EB81FCAC1F1557BD03C48EE4.jpg.thumb

Progress Report

I am about 14 weeks post with Dr. Beehner. I choose Dr. Beehner a second time as I was very happy with the results and especially the painless procedure.

A little history of me. I had 2 procedures of about 800 coupled fu (1600 total) from a local Philadelphia Doctor. It was a disaster that kept me wearing a hat for almost 4 years. 800 of the coupled fu were placed in the first 1 ?? of my hairline starting about a ?? inch up, from were some original 1 hair hairline was thinning. After six months my natural hair went and I had nothing but 3 hair grafts and coupled fu's. It was very noticeable. I would also note that at least 40 coupled fu stood straight up and were at different angles; some were placed into the temple area as if he overlapped the hairline. This doctor gave me 2 stacked scars that never really closed.

After waiting say 6 to 7 months for growth I decided to have 3 procedures with a Canadian Doctor (very happy with him too)based over 2 years. All work was fue with a few grafts coming from strip. I had some coupled fu's removed and we tried some singles to camouflage the larger grafts. My scalp was scarred so we could do minimal work in each area to make sure what we did would grow. Well the singles never really masked the grafts. Again I had at least 40 tree-trunk looking grafts that stood pretty much straight up. We also did scar reductions each time but to no avail.

I began shopping for a local HT doctor and Dr. Beehner had some high ratings. Last year, around this time, he performed the most painless surgery every. Well, I was so pleased that I had another procedure about 14 weeks ago with him. I would like to note that hair transplants can be painful. My first HT (not Dr. Beehner) was a series of needles to numb the scalp and believe me each and every one stung. The procedure seemed to last forever. I also feel each slit and had 1 eye swell shut for 2 days. Dr. Beehner on the other hand injected some type of IV sedative that immediately put me at ease. I was then given a nerve block. I did not feel any pain, pressure, or injection what-so-ever. I did not hear the rip of my scalp as I did with the first Doctor. I was totally at ease, time seemed to fly. I had 2 very small scar reductions which netted about 400 grafts. We did not cut from hair bearing shaft to hair bearing shaft as I did not have the laxity. I needed some more grafts so Dr. Beehner thoroughly examined my sides and picked the densest area where no previous FUE was harvested. He was able to grab about 168. The slits were minute so I healed in about 4 days. I can say 14 weeks later that the scar did NOT stretch.

I might add that I was Dr. Beehner's only patient for the day. We sat for quite some time going over what was best. I had some suggestions but his recommendation proved best. He was present during the whole procedure. He cut all the slits and designed the hairline himself.

I was given supplies and medication at a very nominal charge. I had a question or two after the procedure which was answered personally by email right away.

Dr. Beehner is a top doc in my book. His surgery room was immaculate. The staff was very professional. I wish I went to him originally as his approach is a little bit more conservative than others. For instance I would do bigger coupled fu's last, after fully grown in hair transplants. You only need a couple here and there for density.

I have attached 2 before pics at the day of surgery. I have about 6300+- grafts total. This session was to fine tune the weak hairline. I will still need some mid scalp density; I estimate about 800 grafts and of course the crown will be last. I have about 2 strips left which will probably give me 5,000 more grafts.

925106901_03E8F39EF55D3168B0D540DE68EE16B3.JPG.thumb 825106901_4FF88874EB81FCAC1F1557BD03C48EE4.jpg.thumb

EastCoast,

Knowing some of your history beforehand, I'm pleased to see that you're finally getting the results you've always wanted. Dr. Beehner will certainly help you get there.

It might be helpful if you can post some pre-op pioctures and photos showing the top of your scalp.

I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress with additional photos.

Best wishes,

Bill