Dandruff day 10

Blue60,

At day 10 after a hair transplant, it’s not abnormal to see what appears to be dandruff. From anything to dry skin on scalp which is what dandruff is to the shedding of the transplanted hair that typically occurs 2 to 6 weeks after hair transplant surgery, there’s a lot going on the first month after the procedure.

So don’t be concerned, not only what you are experiencing won’t affect the procedure, it’s perfectly normal. :)

Best wishes,

Bill

You'll probably start seeing the transplanted hairs shedding relatively soon as well (if you haven't already), so don't panic when that happens either. It's all a normal part of the process.

At this point, the grafts are extremely secure, so the risk of anything happening to them to keep them from growing is really small. Just keep your head out of the sun for the next 6 months and sit back and enjoy the ride.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56