Shedding native hair after hair transplant?

We all lose about 100 hairs a day as part of the normal shedding cycle, so unless you're talking about huge clumps of hair, this seems normal. Also, depending on how close these shedding hairs are to the recipient area, they could be shedding quicker due to the surrounding trauma. If these were healthy hairs, they'll be back. If these were hairs that were on their last leg anyway due to MPB, then they're most likely gone... But again, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It may be the beginning effects of shock loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

As the others have said, there could be several reasons for this. It could be that you're paying more attention now and are noticing the normal daily shedding of hair. It could be shockloss due to the trauma of the surgery, which can happen sometimes. Healthy hair normally come back but hairs which are affected by MPB and are in a weakened state could be lost permanently. They were already on the way out.

I'm guessing that if the hairs are longer then they have not been shed from an area that was treated during the transplant, in which case shockloss is unlikely to be the cause.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com