Communicaion Issues With Dr Soni's Medispa

HLab

First of all I'd like to point out that this isn't a rant, just seeing if anyone else has had a similar experience to me.

I have been in contact with Medispa in Jaipur for a while now (I'm based in Australasia), had my photos examined and was comfortable with the responses from Dr Soni's office. Now I am trying to ask some final questions and confirm my booking but the responses have been a bit unnerving.

Firstly, after I booked my Jaipur flights at the end of last year, they then told me I couldn't make the booking until late January, fair enough. Then I get back in touch recently and had no reply for 3 days, I tried again and another 2 days later I received a very short reply "yes you can book now", that was literally all their email said, no salutation or signature, nothing. I emailed back again and said that I have a few more questions but again, no reply. I have also tried calling a staff member (no idea his actual role) that they advised me to contact for information but the phone is never answered and there is no voicemail or anything. I've called four times over 2 weekdays.

I understand this clinic is quite reputable but this behaviour is a bit scary when I'm travelling to a foreign country to undergo an expensive procedure. I've already booked flights to Jaipur which is why I'm persevering here but I'm thinking I may have to organise further transport to Delhi and try a place that makes me feel more comfortable.

Does anyone know if this is common behaviour from this clinic or perhaps a cultural side of India itself that I am unfamiliar with, or am I better to cut my losses and look elsewhere, essentially starting over from scratch.

Is anyone able to recommend AK Clinic in Delhi at all? Or another clinic in the Jaipur or Delhi region?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by HLab

I have no experience with that clinic but, to be honest, just going on what you have said, I'd leave well alone. Its too important to not get right. If they cant manage something as simple as communication then how can they manage something as complicated as a hair transplant?

I guess you have to compare the fact that others have said they are 'reputable' with your own experience so far.

When I sat down in the surgeons chair for my hair transplant I had absolutely no doubt in my mind i was in the right place. It took 2 years of research to get to that place mind, but worth every second.

best of luck with your decision.

Moss

I had a procedure with them in March '17 No idea why your having issues. Keep trying - they are worth it.

They have a main phone number w/2 receptionists (girls) at front desk. Perhaps try and call that number (Medispa) and then ask to speak with Dr. Soni.

His English is very good and you might get your problem resolved quickly.

I know his 3 main guys that do marketing, scheduling, etc... are ALWAYS on their computer or phone - so no idea why you are having such issues.

Okay; good luck on your journey. Soni is best FUT surgeon in India by far. Sometimes Dr. Soni goes on vacation for a week and since he and his wife live/run Medispa in Jaipur - perhaps no one is around for a week.

Let us know who you decide to go with down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a transplant done with him recently. Never had any communication issues. It was always prompt. Always someone on ready to pick up the phone. The transplant went well. Good facility. Gonna see how it turns out though. May I ask how much they asked you for the price per graft.