Miniaturized hair in donor area: NW3 Vertex; 31yr old.

utxeee

I've been here in stealth-mode for months reading and learning so much with all of you I am quite sure the hair loss procedure is the way to go.

However, recently I came across an article about miniaturized hair in donor area and how it can prevent the surgery from being a success or even make it impossible to happen.

I think I have miniaturized hair on the back of my head but I really would like to hear from you guys what you think about it, it is perfectly noticeable a region where you can see through right below the crown.

Thank you in advance.

right_left.jpg.00a06006a0665b1fd56d230f4e3a5b2e.jpg

right_back.jpg.ef4c308088d4b76001aeb37a9e1dba62.jpg

donor-area.jpg.6f0f0d6e6a7d89000ea952720db48b16.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.29011fa96f0fdc6cd1a9ee33aa12ec41.jpg

Edited by utxeee
Structured sentence

It looks like ur balding crown area stretches to the back of ur head .. but that’s okay , that’s usually not the safe zone .but what it does mean is that u have less donor hair available to work with .. at least u don’t have dupa, where all of ur back n side hair will be miniaturized .. but as of right now u still have options . Just be conservative on ur hair transplant n not waste all ur donor hair on one area .. I think u n ur doc needs to come up with a master plan .. either have full coverage with less density .. or a lot of density into ur frontal third n let the crown area go bald .. be realistic with ur expectations n be smart n work with what u got .. n be wise in choosing a good doctor .. with ur limited donor supply u can’t have a doc waste ur donor hair with a bad transplant .

Hi Legend007,

To be honest that last photo was taken under strong light so it seems to me that I am not that bad on that region, anyway, only a Doctor will tell me for sure.

By the way, based on the photos I posted how many grafts you think that I am available in the donor area?

Ur hair doesn’t look too bad. Post some pics of ur frontal region so we know what u need to get done .. I think U right , if u were to grow ur hair out longer ur hair would look a lot better than what it is now .. so u have hope for good enough hair. I’ve seen pics of people that had a much more advanced hair loss n they got good results .. makes me kinda jealous , n I’m a Norwood 2 .. :)

Average donor hair in the back is around 8k. From reading a lot of posts n researching ., 3K to the frontal third region would already provide good coverage for a Norwood 3 ., so unless a doctor fuk up ur hair n waste ur grafts .. I think about two Transplants would give u great hair .. 2-3k first transplant will make u happy . Then wait it out till u get older n have more native hair loss then u can go for ur 2nd transplant another 2-3k hair to fill in the density n other bald areas, u should be satisfied .. save a few thousand grafts for future transplant as u age ..