Pimple with pus blood hair

I've been getting about 1 pimple daily since week 4 of my FUT. I pop the pimples per my Dr.'s recommendation. The pimples just break and some pus come out. However, today, I noticed some blood and a hair that is about 0.5cm long came with it.

Should I be worried? The blood is very small amount. I assume the 0.5cm hair is the transplanted hair that hasn't fallen out? No way I can dislodge the graft by this time?

Edit: I'm 6 weeks right now.

Normally, seeing blood along with a shed hair is a sign of a lost graft, but at 6 weeks post-op that seems unlikely. It's more likely that the hair is simply one that has shed as they normally do after a HT and the blood is a result of popping the pimple. Pimples do have a habit of bleeding. Has your doctor suggested a reason for the pimples? Some kind of mild infection?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The lost hair looks exactly like other shed hair. I was under the impression if a graft is lost, there will be lots of blood. Plus the shed hair will have a rice-grain look alike that is attached to it. But mine didn't fit either description. Mine simply fell out as I was dabbing some antibiotic over the pimple.

Dr. said it's normal to have pimples as the hairs are trying to come out. Especially for people with oily scalp like myself. It's normal for up to 8 months I was told.

Pimples can happen. You're right that a shed graft will normally have the actual follicle tissue attached. That's another sign that you have nothing to worry about.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I agree - if you have a very oily scalp cleanse scalp 2X's per day & try to keep your hands off of head.

If the pimples are going to pop let them pop or put gentle pressure on them if they really hurt.

Then keep them clean and that's all you can do.

A real infection like folliculitis would be very noticeable.

I keep getting breakouts on my scalp and I'm 9 months post op. Cleaning the scalp 2X's per day and that's all I can do.

My face and scalp are historically like an oil sheen since as long as I can remember.

It sounds more like an ingrown hair from one of the grafts. It's when there are many or multiple whitehead pimples that a possible infection may be the culprit.

If that should occur, contact your surgeon at once, otherwise just keep the recipient area and entire scalp clean.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It's best to keep the entire area clean for the new grafts to break through.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY