400 FUE grafts from DHI Florida..PHOTOS!

Guest balloonman

Guest balloonman

DHI has an office in the US in Jacksonville Florida. I dont want to sound like a posterboy for any Dr or Clinic but, I feel they do exceptional FUE work and I wanted to post my post op photos. Feel free to comment, I actually appreciate criticism and praise, seriously.

I had my original FUE done in Athens, Greece but, with a DHI trained Dr so close by I decided to get a touch up in the US rather than travel across the world for 400 grafts.

All extractions were done via .75mm punch and all placement was done via lateral slit .6mm blades.

Here is the link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Balloonman/DHI%20400%20Hairline%20Florida/

Guest balloonman

DHI has an office in the US in Jacksonville Florida. I dont want to sound like a posterboy for any Dr or Clinic but, I feel they do exceptional FUE work and I wanted to post my post op photos. Feel free to comment, I actually appreciate criticism and praise, seriously.

I had my original FUE done in Athens, Greece but, with a DHI trained Dr so close by I decided to get a touch up in the US rather than travel across the world for 400 grafts.

All extractions were done via .75mm punch and all placement was done via lateral slit .6mm blades.

Here is the link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Balloonman/DHI%20400%20Hairline%20Florida/

Guest balloonman

The surgery started late on Wednesday afternoon (4PM) December the 8th and was finished around 3PM on Thursday December 9th.

Around 3 hours of work on Wednesday and 5 hours more on Thursday. The Dr got around 90-100 grafts extracted per hour which took about 5 hours (total) and another 3 hours or so to plant them.

I am now 4 days post op and the scabs are starting to loosen and dislodge. When I had recipient areas done via needle, the coagulated blood would scab up and could take WEEKS to dislodge. With Lateral slit the woulds heal faster and scabs fall off within days. Another reason I prefer lateral slit.

Guest balloonman

EastCoast: It isn't always fair to compare Drs on price alone and prices you see quotes on the internet vary wildly between different Drs and between different patients from the same Drs.

Method of payment, proximity to surgery date, location of clinic, Dr performing surgery etc.. all contribute to the final cost.

I would strongly suggest that you contact any FUE Dr you are interested in having surgery with and discuss their pricing directly. I have never paid the "rack rate" I see discussed on these forums EVER! I would much rather take a cancellation on short notice, fly out of the way or pay via check instead of credit card to avoid any processing fees that eventually get passed onto the patient anyway.

In the case of my procedure at DHI Florida, my friend and I preferred to negotiate a per GRAFT price as opposed to the confusing per HAIR price and DHI accomodated. So, the prices you read online aren't always set in stone.

• 7 months later...

What is DHI?

I have seen pictures of HT like Balloonman has, but what exactly is it?

If that's how they are extracting the FUE, then do they seal the donor area with sutures or staples? How does the whole procedure work??

KG

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's the first series of FUE procedure pics I see without the donor area being entirely shaved. Was it because of the relatively small number (400) or does DHI always give the option not to shave it? Also, if you take all 400 FUs from the same small area, wouldn't that leave a hairless area which would look weird if you happened to buzz your hair with a nr 1 setting? I thought the idea of FUE was to leave the donor area completely undetectable?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day