FUE graft and hairline estimation **PICS**

palma13

Hi guys,

I am finally in a place physically and mentally to get an HT. I have been lurking on the forums for a few years now. I am thinking of going with ASMED because of the consistently great results and Dr Erdogan's expertise.

This is a rough mock up of the hairline I am hoping for. Its an amateur MS paint job, but should give you a rough idea. Do you think this is a realistic placement if I am considering 3500-4000 FUE? Please note this is my creation NOT ASMED estimation.

TKfxgT2.jpg

I am 30 years old on 2.5 mg finasteride. I am a little worried if I am still losing hair or if it is stable enough for such a hairline...I don't even know for sure but you can see pics below for a comparison from a year ago versus now. Assuming I have 7000 units total donor capacity I will have half or a little less left over to consider future procedures.

My hair a year ago:

6nOIHWb.jpg

DOgwapM.jpg

My hair now:

BkndcpB.jpg

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by palma13

I like the hairline shape that you drew, but I think you need to aim for something a bit more conservative. It would take a lot of grafts to lower your hairline that much and you need to keep future loss in mind. You could still have basically the same design, just higher up, and it would still look youthful.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Matt,

Thanks you so much for your response. Would you say based on my pics from one year ago versus now I am still experiencing quite a bit of hair loss. Do you think 3500-4000 would be enough to create a hairline like that? I also have curly hair and though every patient is idfferent I was using this guy as my inspiration.

https://www.hairtransplantfue.org/asmed-hair-transplant-result/results/dr-koray-erdogan-3214-grafts-fue-35

Cheers

Jay

It's hard to be sure based on these photos, but I don't see any significant change, if any. Your hair characteristics will work in your favour, just as they did for the patient example you gave.

I still think you should opt for a slightly higher hairline than the one you drew. It's the sensible way to go and most doctors would agree.

I agree with “mattj”, go conservative with your hairline... at your age. My recession stabilized in my mid-30s. You just don’t want a lower hairline when you reach your 40’s. It may look unnatural at that point. Go conservative. You may want to consider fewer grafts now and have a second surgery a few years later hopefully after your hair loss has stabilized. Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This hairline that you drew is a more sensible position. Closing the temples and strengthening the front will make a world of difference.

https://imgur.com/a/D3ZeR

It's hard to be sure based on these photos, but I don't see any significant change, if any. Your hair characteristics will work in your favour, just as they did for the patient example you gave.

I still think you should opt for a slightly higher hairline than the one you drew. It's the sensible way to go and most doctors would agree.

This hairline that you drew is a more sensible position. Closing the temples and strengthening the front will make a world of difference.

https://imgur.com/a/D3ZeR

I agree with “mattj”, go conservative with your hairline... at your age. My recession stabilized in my mid-30s. You just don’t want a lower hairline when you reach your 40’s. It may look unnatural at that point. Go conservative. You may want to consider fewer grafts now and have a second surgery a few years later hopefully after your hair loss has stabilized. Best of luck to you.

Thanks again for your responses guys. I really appreciate it. I am actually a very risk averse person believe it or not. Sensible use of donor area at the cost of a higher hairline is something I have always been comfortable with. In that old pic when I drew the more conservative hairline it was based on an estimate of 3000-3400 grafts which would have been fine. But now a year later the estimate I have gotten is 4000-4500. The customer service rep I have been talking to seems pretty adamant thats what I need. Of course in the end I will go with the opinion of the doctor. But anyways, if they are going to use that many grafts I felt the hairline should be lower or else where the heck are they going to put them? Mind you I haven't gotten a hairline estimate from ASMED so I will try to get that. But maybe now it seems like they feel the need to fill in a larger area of the scalp and not just the front peaks which is why I asked how much loss I had experience over the last year. Do you feel 4000-4500 is a risky approach for the future? Again keep in mind I am 30 taking Fin 2.5 mg which is keeping my hair stable...I am sure I continue to lose but maybe not at the rate before I started Fin. But this new estimate from the clinic created doubts in my mind about how much loss I might have experienced. After such an HT I guess I would roughly have 3000-2500 grafts left to work with assuming a standard donor capacity of 7000. I don't know if that is enough for future procedures I might need. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: My mistake guys. I remember they did send me a rough mock up so here it is. It certainly seems more realistic and maybe a bit higher than what I drew. But I am an absolute amateur of course.

sMinqfw.jpg

Edited by palma13

That does look like a more sensible position for the hairline, and it's in line with the one you drew in the photo I linked to in my last post. The graft estimations you've been given will include a lot of grafts being placed within the frontal zone, as that area looks to be quite thin. So it would be more than just filling the totally bald areas at the very front.