Considering Dr tejinder Bhatti

denominator

Hi there people, i'm a year long hair restoration network stalker and 1st time poster. i have been considering having a hair transplant with dr tejinder bhatti. from what i have gathered, he is a world class hair transplant surgeon. Problem is, there hasn't been many recent reviews on his work compared to a few years ago. I honestly dont have an issue if its just the patient experience that is lacking as long as the results are top notch. Do kindly let me know if you guys think i should proceed with Dr Bhatti or keep looking around.

Thanks guys!

Denominator,

I would say welcome to our hair restoration forum community however, it seems that you are quite familiar with it given that you have been browsing for quite some time. But I’m glad that you decided to start posting. Dr. Bhatti is still an excellent choice in my opinion. I have seen nothing suggesting that the quality of his results have diminished over the years. In fact, many examples of his recent results can be found on this discussion forum and the overall community is still very impressed with him and the work he does on a regular basis.

Have you consulted with him yet? If not, I strongly suggest doing so especially since I’m sure being a long time browser that you’ve seen tons of his work and results. After consulting him and developing a hair restoration plan for you, it may be easier for you to decide whether not he is the physician you want to do your hair transplant. But I would have no reservations in going to him personally.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

Hey bill! thanks for the quick response.

i actually have contacted him and am trying to finalise a date.

PS have u heard anything about medilinks in delhi? they have this new procedure that they developed stating that the downtime for the grafts from harvesting to implantation is less than 5 mins? that seems really promising to be honest as graft death must be significantly reduced?

Denominator,

Without knowing more, there are many clinics out there that claim that they have a “new“ procedure or technique but in reality, it’s typically a slight variation of an existing technique that is much older or well-defined and used by many other clinics. Four instance, the technique for killer unit extraction has been called many different things and many clinics will put their name in the title of the technique calling new just because they use a particular instrument or use a particular type of holding solution but in reality, it doesn’t make the technique new or different at all.

Frankly, it sounds a lot like this particular clinic uses the “stick and place“ technique which means a follicular unit is extracted, an incision is made, and the graft is inserted. This process tends to take a little longer overall because the donor harvesting doesn’t happen all at once but some claim that because the grafts aren’t outside of the body nearly as long, that it will reduce problems with growth. However, growth rates are already typically in the 95 percent plus range in the hands of an experienced and top physician, so while it’s good to minimize the amount of time follicular units are outside of the body, there is usually no affect on them for the first several hours if they are in appropriate holding solution which has been done for many years by top doctors.

There are advantages and disadvantages to the stick and place technique versus harvesting all the donor hair, making all the Incisions and then placing all of the grafts. That said, both techniques seem to work equally as well in the hands of top doctors who are experienced with that particular technique.

I hope this helps.

Bill

There's loads of reviews on here. I just posted my experience from sept and there have been around 10 since. Not sure how many you expect

Read the FAQs on his website and educate yourself. From my experience follow that and youre fine. He's good.

Hey itxrd, I have seen multiple reviews by Dr bhatti but I've had a bad transplant prior so felt that I might just ask and see what ppl think. I actually read yr experience as well and the post op pics look good. Was wondering hows it coming along?

Ahh that makes sense. Hopefully you are okay. For me here's my tips:

1) Arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible. Don't say 'I put my trust in the Doctor'. Its your head. Dr Bhatti is very honest and says as much in his FAQ's.

2) Be sure you know exactly what you're getting. You have to probe. He's not going to say straight off the bat - 'oh btw you might need a second transplant in 10 years'. 'Oh the thickness of transplanted hair will never be as good as natural hair'. But if you ask he's honest and will tell you these things. That way you know what you're going to get. If you don't ask, you won't know, and you sell yourself a dream. And that's why you get a lot of upset people here. Some genuinely mind! So I am definitely not detracting from them

3) After the transplant it looks good shaved for 2 weeks. Then the grafts fall out + any shock loss and you'll look worst than before. Thats normal. Thats from say 3 weeks through to 4 months. Then after 4 months I've started to see some baby grafts coming through. I can explain it like - I normally use toppik. I had to use more and more recently. But at the moment after 4.5 months I have stopped using it as my hair is looking quite good without it.

Btw my donor area hurt for 3 months after the op. Just better now. Which country are you from? I'd go see him first or at least email. He always replies

Thats my update! Will put an update on my page after 5 months. So soon

hey HTN gurus, i am posting some pics of myself with wet hair and blow dried hair. would like some advice as to my norwood class and how many grafts i would need for good coverage. i sport longer hair so that i can cover up the balding but i am sick of doing that. do kindly advise me as i have had differing reports from 2 local HT surgeons that i visited. one claims i am a norwood 4 almost a 5 and another says i am a 2 almost a 3. both feel 2000 grafts should be enough but i'm pretty sure thats not gonna be enough. i am a total amateur so i'd like some advice from you seasoned veterans

cheers

aT0BsF90uBbI834VtRm-F0HWem-rSDVfqufUxCmO7Bw?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

d7-xuZu-GolbU2tw5w_VRhfUbcWL8CouK3oOssmZIlk?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

FcVqripE5yOHfZ1o6VZ0aeuvqXrXNcg0NDbl24vyZ2w?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

this is when i part the hair

OfBH5YpuBB8XxyCGiGIdNkbgz6OVjwdSx2XccFqk9Vg?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3