Number of hairs in graft compared to what is seen?

Hi,

Recently had a hair transplant and apparently most of the grafts had 3-4 hairs/roots within. I'm now at the stage where the scabs have been removed and from what I can see, only 1 hair sticking out of each hole so to speak. I assume this is normal but I wondered if someone could explain to me how it all works as in my laymen mind I would assume you would see all the hairs popping out?

Thanks in advance!

GAbC6

You will probably find there are many 2s and 3s behind the hairline but they are hard to see with the naked eye. After my HT I bought a USB microscope on amazon for ?10 or so and I have been monitoring with that. Its well worth buying one. I often see that hairs in multiple grafts will grow at different rates thus giving the appearance of being singles when they are in fact doubles, triples, or quads. Hope that helps.

You will probably find there are many 2s and 3s behind the hairline but they are hard to see with the naked eye. After my HT I bought a USB microscope on amazon for ?10 or so and I have been monitoring with that. Its well worth buying one. I often see that hairs in multiple grafts will grow at different rates thus giving the appearance of being singles when they are in fact doubles, triples, or quads. Hope that helps.

Puts my mind at rest thanks. I have thick hair everywhere else apart from my receding temples so when they said they were mainly 3's and 4's with a few 5's but hardly any 1's or 2's I was obviously pleasantly happy but not overly surprised.

After taking the scabs off it looks fairly sparse but after using my partners camera phone (pretty decent phone) and zooming right in you can actually make out at least some of them are definitely more than one hair coming out. Guess patience and time will tell!

Need to stop being overly critical on everything as it's done now and i'm sure it will work out fine but especially during the early stages, just difficult not to constantly be checking it and worrying about the final result!

Need to stop being overly critical on everything as it's done now and i'm sure it will work out fine but especially during the early stages, just difficult not to constantly be checking it and worrying about the final result!

Tell me about it! The first couple of months were excruciating for me but by month 4 you will be in business. After the op I have been taking Perfectil Max, Biotin and MSM. These have really have supercharged my hair and nail growth so you may want to try them to speed things up a bit. Good luck.

Tell me about it! The first couple of months were excruciating for me but by month 4 you will be in business. After the op I have been taking Perfectil Max, Biotin and MSM. These have really have supercharged my hair and nail growth so you may want to try them to speed things up a bit. Good luck.

Already on the Biotin, plus taking my Finasteride and will be using my Minoxidil spray in a few days once everything has fully healed up. It's funny I thought i'd be relaxed at this point but obviously the concern of if it was all worth it is kicking in. Thanks for your messages, good to hear from someone in a similar situation :)

Surgery is easy. The wait is what gets you:) Regarding your question, because the hairs are supposed to shed, the scabs falling away can and do take some of the hairs with them. This makes every transplant look thinner than it really is soon after the procedure is completed but hang tight, they will begin to grow in a few months.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Surgery is easy. The wait is what gets you:) Regarding your question, because the hairs are supposed to shed, the scabs falling away can and do take some of the hairs with them. This makes every transplant look thinner than it really is soon after the procedure is completed but hang tight, they will begin to grow in a few months.

Thanks for the info, every bit extra puts my mind at rest so thank you for the response.