Watch NOW: Archived Facebook Live Video on Laser Therapy for Hair Loss

Hi All,

Bernstein Medical has been offering live insight into hair loss and hair restoration on Facebook's live streaming channel. Dr. Wolfeld will go live this Wednesday at 3:30 pm EST discussing women's hair loss.

Watch last week's live video on Low-level Laser Therapy for Hair Loss!

Tune in tomorrow at 3:30 pm: https://goo.gl/LVq3Uh

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for posting. So I guess the million dollar question is: do these things really work.

What sort of evidence have you seen that they do work? Part of the issue is that if you have a patient come in and you put him on finasteride, rogaine, and LLLT then it's impossible to attribute any changes to a particular component of his treatment.

So have you had patients that had already been on finasteride for years (therefore any benefits/stabilization had already been realized) and THEN you added LLLT and were able to document noticeable improvements?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting. So I guess the million dollar question is: do these things really work.

What sort of evidence have you seen that they do work? Part of the issue is that if you have a patient come in and you put him on finasteride, rogaine, and LLLT then it's impossible to attribute any changes to a particular component of his treatment.

So have you had patients that had already been on finasteride for years (therefore any benefits/stabilization had already been realized) and THEN you added LLLT and were able to document noticeable improvements?

Yes, whenever we attribute a result to a specific treatment all other variables must be held constant. For a patient on finasteride or minoxidil, we would wait a year before introducing a third therapy such as LLLT or PRP. Of the four treatments just mentioned, LLLT is the least effective, but it is useful in some patients, particularly those with large areas of diffuse miniaturization. The pattern of diffuse thinning is most commonly seen in women, but some men present this way as well.

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I like this guy Bernstein; always have. It takes balls to be a hair surgeon and stay completely bald and 'own' it.

He's conservative w/donor and well read w/nice age-appropriate hairlines.

Good pedigree and works in NYC - been in the biz forever.

You'll never regret consulting with him is my guess and he's seen it all.

Although I think his work is very conservative he gets a very good yield and one can always go back and get more hair to refine and add to previous quality work.

Please keep showing your results - good stuff. I use a custom-made 440 diode laser helmet for 13 months now that I added to my existing long-term Dutasteride and 30% minox regimen; I agree with the doctor's laser analysis and treatment protocol.

Edited by jjsrader

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, whenever we attribute a result to a specific treatment all other variables must be held constant. For a patient on finasteride or minoxidil, we would wait a year before introducing a third therapy such as LLLT or PRP. Of the four treatments just mentioned, LLLT is the least effective, but it is useful in some patients, particularly those with large areas of diffuse miniaturization. The pattern of diffuse thinning is most commonly seen in women, but some men present this way as well.

Thanks for the follow-up