One month Post FUE shock loss on one side

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing what I think is shock loss one month post FUE surgery but only one side, temple are and many native hairs have gone. The other side of the temple is completely healthy only a bit of shedding but the effected side has lost most of the transplanted hair as well as a lot of native hairs.

Is this normal and will the native hair grow back? It looks extremely odd at the moment with one side balding and the other almost completely full!

I made sure to take the proper precautions post FUE.

Many thanks

gk2,

It would be helpful if you posted some photos however, yes...it is very normal to experience shock loss only 1 month after your hair transplant. I know I experienced a plethora of shock loss for just about every procedure I went through and even though I knew the process, I was still worried every time. But that's normal. Hang in there, you've got a LONG way to go and if you selected an excellent surgeon, I'm sure you will be very happy with your results many months from now.

Best wishes,

Bill

Pics would be of great help, however, that being said, shock loss isn't abnormal...though admittedly not fun.

It's also far too early to judge your graft growth.

But it is not impossible that one side accepts the grafts better than the other, this has been observed as particularly true in FUE.

Now is the time for patience as all you can do is wait and see.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016