2 weeks Post Op, Normal or shockloss?

Hi I got an FUE about two weeks ago. Here is my thread that you can follow

2685 grafts FUE - Dr. John Diep on Nov 2 2017 - Page 3 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

As I just took a picture of the donor area it looks like the hair back there is so sparse and thin...Is this shockloss? Or is it just really early and this is the way it should look at this stage. And another question is the transplanted hair in the recipent area looks like they'r growing instead of shedding *which is expected* is this normal and if so when will the growing hairs finally shed? If anyone wants to check my thread and also let me know how I'm doing post op Id appreciate it. thanks

Nov15_day13back.thumb.jpg.b9111b42837e246a16a06cf6cff754ed.jpg

Nov15_day14_side.thumb.jpg.a7ed7b2ff783105de2914ca9f55d38ba.jpg

Nov15_day13front.thumb.jpg.74d711e3623a47874c796c85407b9f71.jpg

I read that some transplanted hairs elongate(they are packed into the slit bent like shoving a rope into a hole) but that's an illusion . They arnt growing just the slack is coming out. You are going to lose most of transplanted hairs in the coming weeks but some % will grow and stick around and some will stay stuble.

As far as donor area it's a standard diep donor problem some of his patients(I am one) have early on. It's funny how i can watch asmed take out 5k graphs and theirs look much better than our 3k. All we can do is wait. It's most likely shock loss . His motorized punch or whatever he injects into our heads doesn't help. People will blame it on patient but this is typical with this doctor. His donors take a long time to heal compared to others.

I have bad shock loss in donor and recipant area from him. Your gonna have to reassess at 3 and 6 months the don't stress about it.

One positive is that the halo effect (donor area box shape )will go away my did completely by like month of hair growth. Remains to be seen how it will look when I eventually get a hair cut tho. I still have a horrible right temple side profile tho and a bald spot behind ear. Im a hat prisoner for indefinite future

I read that some transplanted hairs elongate(they are packed into the slit bent like shoving a rope into a hole) but that's an illusion . They arnt growing just the slack is coming out. You are going to lose most of transplanted hairs in the coming weeks but some % will grow and stick around and some will stay stuble.

As far as donor area it's a standard diep donor problem some of his patients(I am one) have early on. It's funny how i can watch asmed take out 5k graphs and theirs look much better than our 3k. All we can do is wait. It's most likely shock loss . His motorized punch or whatever he injects into our heads doesn't help. People will blame it on patient but this is typical with this doctor. His donors take a long time to heal compared to others.

I have bad shock loss in donor and recipant area from him. Your gonna have to reassess at 3 and 6 months the don't stress about it.

One positive is that the halo effect (donor area box shape )will go away my did completely by like month of hair growth. Remains to be seen how it will look when I eventually get a hair cut tho. I still have a horrible right temple side profile tho and a bald spot behind ear. Im a hat prisoner for indefinite future

As far as the transplanted hair shedding I think most of mine did now but hearing that that's normal gives me some reasurrance as I am entering the ugly duckling phase now. You can check out my thread over here and see the pics

2685 grafts FUE - Dr. John Diep on Nov 2 2017 - Page 4 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Remember, you've had nearly 3000 grafts taken out of the back, so the density is not going to be the same.

Everything looks as it should be. The shed should be starting shortly.....

Thanx just started the shed and maybe shockloss? i'm not sure. If you can check out my thread and give me your opinions

2685 grafts FUE - Dr. John Diep on Nov 2 2017 - Page 4 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Some transplanted grafts might not shed. It's impossible to know what percentage will as it varies from person to person. It's possible that you'll still shed more as you're only two weeks post op.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It does appear from the pics that you are experiencing some donor shock loss however that should regrow and visually improve with time.

And yes, some of the grafts can take right off and continue to remain in the anagen growth phase but will eventually shed and rest.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY