Tretinoin and Laxity

Hello,

I think application of tretinoin to scalp donor site might help the area develop more laxity. In that way, for purposes of strip harvesting, a more abundant strip might be taken. This is completely speculation on my part. I can't find any research or discussion on this. I only figure that tretinoin boosts collagen synthesis and is showing some use in wound healing. It may be worth some study.

Edited by Schiller

Not heard of that before and you would want to be sure that it is not something temporary or superficial.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for replying. I wasn't thinking of trying it. But the idea came out of my having quite tight scalp and the limitations that imposes. I reviewed various doctors' videos on pre-FUT scalp stretching exercises and tried to find some evidence for the efficacy of that. I could not find any. I don't doubt the doctors but the evidence seems anecdotal.

I think some might gain from new thinking in this small area of FUT practice.

I agree...try to start a new thread asking for various comments on results from various individuals who have used scalp stretching exercises.

There is some merit to it...but the key is that it is done consistently for an adequate period of time. Obviously it will be directly relayed to how tight your scalp is and how much potential there is for your scalp to gain enough laxity.

Some individuals are just too tight and others have better potential. Only a physical examination by the surgeon you choose can provide you more specific feedback for your individual situation.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY