Not All PRP is The Same - Case #3

Continuing our "Not All PRP is The Same" series, we have another example of PRP with ACell performed by Dr. Cooley and the team at Haircenter in Charlotte, NC.

Case # 003 is a 21 year old male patient that presented with early onset male pattern hair loss with general thinning throughout the top of the scalp and miniaturization along the frontal hairline and into the temples. He was first started on Propecia but soon after we performed one procedure of PRP with ACell. The result is shown one year after the procedure was performed. The entire top of the scalp has thickened but of particular importance is how the hairline, particularly the temples, have thickened considerably. This is no doubt due to the synergy established by the combined use of Propecia and PRP.

prp-results-003-3.jpg

prp-results-003-2.jpg

prp-results-003-1.jpg

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

Hi Gambler,

I think you might be missing the point of this thread. Dr. Cooley feels that the narrative regarding PRP/ACell and what it can do is misleading because of false claims that PRP/ACell will regularly deliver what you asked for. PRP/ACell can and is a great treatment when performed correctly but it is not a miracle. Do cases like you ask for exist? Yes, but they are the exception, not the rule. The point of this is to show you what the average range of result are that can be expected from a high quality application of PRP/ACell.

Keep in mind also that these examples are showing only one application of PRP/ACell (unless otherwise noted) as that is also what Dr. Cooley feels is another misrepresented aspect of PRP/ACell treatments, in that multiple treatments in a short span of time are necessary for success.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

I've enjoyed seeing these cases. I'm starting to see the benefits of PRP for some patients. At the right price, I would certainly consider giving it a try.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 6 months later...

It def seems to improve diffuse thinning which is the first stages of almost all hairloss. If it can improve or delay I think it's worth it. Now how often do you need to get treatment?