1 year 3 months and very nervous

ok so here a little backstory. i had my transplant a year and 3 months ago and have been on propecia ever since. the transplant was frontal and hairline. up until about a month ago my hair was growing thick and complete enough to hair a full hairline.

now heres the dilemma, ive been under a lot of stress, not eating right and not sleeping. my once new hairline is going away and quicklly. the best way to describe it as a rerun of my balding days.

i know this is transplanted hair as these spots are the spots where there was no hair before so they are not natives.

i need reassurance that this will stop and my hair will grow back normally and that my new hair follicles are not damaged at the hand of stress once again.

the stress of this just adds to my problem. please leave encouragment and honest answers for me bad or good. thank you

Hi Bobby,

First I want to say sorry about the situation! That is terrible and I hope it's not permanent.

Couple questions: Who was your doc? And do you have any pics available?

In my weakly educated opinion you are experiencing either one of two scenarios.

1) You are simply loosing hair due to stress, which if this is truly the case it should return. I know at least one other person who lost a fair amount of hair due to stress and it has since stopped falling out and is re-growing with no help, other than the loss of that stress.

2) Your doc transplanted 'unsafe' hair. Sometimes, and I really hope this is not the case, a young transplant patient or an in-experienced doc will pull from a false donor area. In this case the donor transplanted hair would eventually fall out when the rest of the hair from the donor area fell.

Anyway there is also the possibility that you are just experiencing significant shedding, but like the stress scenario this would re-grow.

id rather not say his name just for the fact that i know it has nothing to do with the transplant procedure. i know how this forum works sometime and do not want to jeoporadize the docs rep. he is in the coalitions though. i hope you understand.

bobbycreek,

Thanks for posting your concerns.

Firstly, have you talked to your physician about your concerns? What does he/she have to say about it?

I can't think of any reason for transplanted hair to grow in and then disappear unless another condition is causing it (traumatic stress, medication, medical condition, etc.).

In my opinion, consult with your hair restoration physician in person and get his/her professional recommendation. You may alternatively want to consult a doctor to perform some medical tests.

Please check back because I do hope everythings works out for you.

All the Best,

Bill

no i havent spoken to him as im on the other side of the US now. have you every heard of someone shedding there transplants this far post op? and more importantly did they grow back.

ive recently read the thread on shedding and am hoping im just experiencing this.

up until now ive been a thick and fast grower of my transplants.

have you every heard of someone shedding there transplants this far post op?

Bobby,

transplanted hair takes a hold, starts to grow, and even matures...I can't see any reason why it would start falling out unless A) another condition is causing it or B) the transplanted hair was taken from a non-safe area from the scalp.

You may just be experiencing seasonal or normal shedding that occurs to every hair in cycles, usual normal rate is 50 to 100 daily.

Do you have any photos to demonstrate what your hair looked like before surgery, when your hair transplant was optimal, and now?

Best wishes,

Bill

ok thanks for your replys...so just short of the things you said they could be i have a couple questions.

could seasonal sheeding put me close to the way my hair was preop?

if it is medical or stress related will my transplanted hairs grow back?

and unfortunetly i do not have pictures focused directly on my hair as i tryed to not really pay attention to it during the healing and growing process as every little thing freaked me out about it when something didnt look right

• 1 month later...