Raised Donor Scar

So I've noticed that the donor scar on the back left of my head from about the occipital lobe to the top of my left ear feels kind of raised. The scar on the right side feels normal. I was wondering if this is normal and will go down eventually or if it should be a cause for concern? Anyone else experienced this? I'm currently at only 5 weeks post op.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

So I've noticed that the donor scar on the back left of my head from about the occipital lobe to the top of my left ear feels kind of raised. The scar on the right side feels normal. I was wondering if this is normal and will go down eventually or if it should be a cause for concern? Anyone else experienced this? I'm currently at only 5 weeks post op.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I currently have the same issue; not sure I'd even call it an issue since it doesn't cause me any grief, but I notice it. I have talked to someone who experienced this around your stage, and it later dissipated.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

5 weeks is a bit premature to start worrying about this.If it makes you feel better call the doctor

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

You can try using contractubex ointment on the scar three to four times a day. That works great on all surgical scars, burns, keloids, Chicken pox marks. So i guess it will work on it too. It increases vascularisation of scar tissue and makes it more flexible. It will even help to match the colors of the skin

But the problem is i don't find anyone using it on HT scars. I posted a thread on it seeking reply from docs if it causes any problem like shock loss but gt no reply

Sometimes a raised area or bump is caused by internal stitches that were added to provide additional support. these are self dissolving (one would hope) sutures and the area should level out as the sutures are consumed. other times bumps or ridges are formed by excess tissue that has been "tucked in" and unfortunately will not go away without further surgery. you could also be experiencing some localized swelling and that should resolve over time.

again your physician should be able to tell you why you have or feel a bump in that area.