Hair Transplant and Scars

You mean 5,000 grafts?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

All surgery leaves scarring, mitigating it with expert tools and techniques in the hands of experienced professional surgeons is the key.

An FUT will leave a linear scar at the back of your head that will be evident if you shave your head.

And an FUE will leave pock mark scar tissues all over your head that will be visible if you shave your head.

The real questions is, if you're getting a hair transplant, why would you shave your head?

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

And for anyone to have 5,000 grafts via strip in one session would be nearly impossible unless they had way above average density and laxity. If considering FUHT, best to have several sessions to reach 5,000 grafts.

And consider 5,000 FUE extractions...very doubtful that the individual would be able to buzz down to a short hair style without there being some noticeable scarring.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

And for anyone to have 5,000 grafts via strip in one session would be nearly impossible unless they had way above average density and laxity. If considering FUHT, best to have several sessions to reach 5,000 grafts.

And consider 5,000 FUE extractions...very doubtful that the individual would be able to buzz down to a short hair style without there being some noticeable scarring.

Indeed, the myth of a scarless procedure needs to be extinguished in full. It is an irresponsible piece of salesmanship by some clinics, thankfully none recommended on this forum to my knowledge.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

When FUE really began to proliferate in North America, there were some clinics calling it "scar less FUE"...yet anytime that tissue is cut (excisions) or removed (extractions), scar tissue is going to form to repair those wounds. And anyone stating otherwise is straight out lying, period.

And although a linear scar from strip harvesting can be more obvious to the naked eye, the spotted scarring from FUE is just another type of scarring that forms...but make no mistake about it...it does form.

Gillenator