Receding and disappearing in last 2 months.

Durhamboy

Hi guys

Could really use some advice/help. Am a seasoned transplant patient with 5 strip procedures stretching back into the late 90s. More recently in the last 5 years have had work done by Dr Frechet and Dr Bhatti including some beard grafts. In 2002-2003 I saw Dr Rose in Tampa.

I'm due to go see Dr Bisanga in November for up to 1000 beard grafts as the max I have at the back and sides now he thinks is 600 grafts which due to going to a wedding in December I cannot go for.

My concerns are over the last 2 months my head has moved back greatly at the temples and an overall thinning on top out of absolute nothing. Why has this happened, absolute rock bottom over it. It's never moved so far back at the sides after all the work I've had done until this last 2/3 months. If it's stress related will it grow back? Am convinced it's the transplanted hair from old surgeries which has fallen out as I hardly had any of my own original hair left.

What can I do aside the beard grafts and will 1k really make much difference? I use daily Proscar and Biotin. Considering upping the doses on both of these if it will make it regrow.

50 years of age and going through all this crap again, absolutely devastated. I used to use a coverup Mane spray and the thought of returning to that or Toppik is gut wrenching.

Any advice be much appreciated.

Edited by Durhamboy

2 months is such a short time frame that my uneducated guess would be that this is temporary, and something "environmental" has caused it: stress, new shampoo, crazy new weird diet or vitamin regimen, etc... In other words, it's probably temporary

These things above never really effect my hair EXCEPT for overuse of harsh shampoos

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Thanks guys, wonder if a 3 day detox diet using a Bal syrup might have something to do with it. Basically it requires eating next to nothing aside 2/3 glasses of that, some fruit and veg for 3 days a time.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys, wonder if a 3 day detox diet using a Bal syrup might have something to do with it. Basically it requires eating next to nothing aside 2/3 glasses of that, some fruit and veg for 3 days a time.

I'd say that has a lot to do with it. Detoxes are a load of shit. You liver detoxifies your body, not starving yourself