Can SMP restore the Temple area?

Khali

It took me a moment to pick out the area treated. We don't normally see work like this so it's interesting. It looks good but requires that the hair is kept short, or else it would look odd.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Well I don't think it would be correct or proper to call it "restore", but it can certainly create the illusion of hair in the temple area is assuming that the gentleman keeps his hair short on the sides and back of the scalp matching that of the SMP. The only inconvenience if you will, is that he will have to go for pretty regular haircuts or learn how to cut his own which isn't that difficult, I've been doing my own since 2005.

But if you're like me, you get lazy one week and don't feel like cutting your hair and then before you realize it the hair on the sides and back are a lot longer than you thought and it doesn't match the SMP.

So as long as any patient who goes for this kind of procedure to camouflage the temple areas realizes they will have some regular maintenance to do, seems like a really decent solution. Although personally, I rather just get a few hundred hair follicles transplanted there and be done with it.

Best wishes,

Bill

The temple points can certainly be addressed with SMP, however, much like with a hair transplant this area requires a slightly different approach. The skin in these zones tends to be thinner so the practitioner must take care not too inject too deep. Also, a single point needle is probably the best type to use for TPs.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com