3000+ Grafts. Time off work/hiding redness

Very soon I'll be having a hair transplant with a reputable surgeon. I'll be having over 3000 grafts done FUE over two days and I'm about a Norwood 5-6 with slightly pale skin. I'm able to take 14 days total off work (about 12 days post procedure).

I'm noticing online that's it's extremely likely I'll still be very red/pink. I can't wear a hat to work and I'm not trying to tell people about it as I'm claiming a surgery on my leg instead which I've had surgery on before so it's believeable. I can't tell people that it's a hair transplant as we are pretty busy at work right now so time off for cosmetics would be very frowned soon. .

I've read a few different ways to mask the redness but I'm wondering if I could have some more advice. Using toppik or spray tan or make up. I was also considering going to a tanning booth, covering up the recipient area perfectly on the line and tanning slightly burning the rest of me to make it not stand out as much or make a sunburn story believable.

I can use a stand up desk if I want so people can't look directly down on my head.

im extremely diffusely thinned but the slight hair that I have left still follows the hairline that will be transplanted so it would probably look like I bussed the top (I keep the back and sides buzzed as it is)

I appreciate anyone's advice. Thank you all in advance!

THis is a good question and I'm in same boat. I'm having my fue on 9/1 and am returning to office 9/15. Really do not want to disclose HT. I know it depends on individual but how has everyone faired two weeks after fue surgery? Also is a tanning bed a detriment to hair and post surgery?

I had an FUE procedure 3 weeks ago and had the same concerns. I healed really well and within 4-5 days no one would have assumed I had a procedure as the redness had cleared. Under direct light you could see the outline of the transplant but you had to be looking for it. In less than 2 weeks there was no way of telling to the naked eye. That said 2 weeks post op I had a new hairline albeit not one that was massively different than before and people would notice the buzz cut not that my hairline had filled in and dropped slightly. If you have nothing on top and then go to work with a full head of hair 2 weeks later you'd obviously be much more suspicious. You also have to consider how you will shed. 2 weeks out you may look great but then lose most of the transplanted hair shortly after. I've lost at least half my transplanted hair and I think I look more natural now as I've gone back to having a thinning hairline. If I was sitting next to the same person everyday at work they may clock this but in one off encounters no one will have guessed

Hi HT212,

Please reconsider your thoughts on burning the area to blend in. This is a terrible option health wise. Most surgeons also advise against the use of hair concealer for the first few months. I suggest an excuse such as hormone inbalance, skin complaint or stress to explain if you feel you need to - when explaining about the redness. These excuses will also be useful as you enter the Ugly Duck stage. Hope all goes well, and you get the result you want.:)

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

All you have to say is that you were out in the sun and leave it at that...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY