To all doctors and patients, what were post surgery care instructions?

To all doctors and patients who've had FUE and FUT, please post your after surgery care instructions?

1. did you had to wear head band straight after surgery?

2. did you had to apply saline solutions for 1-2 weeks after surgery to keep grafts moist?

3. did you apply vitamin E oil to grafts?

4. did you gently pat your grafts to wash it or were told not to touch it at all for few weeks?

Please answer these guys.

Thanks

Every doctor has their own unique set of post-op care instructions, so the information you'll get will vary quite a bit. We provide our patients with a hat to wear home the day of surgery and give them a mild shampoo and a double sided sponge to be used to gently clean their scalp twice a day for the first five days. We have them come in the day after the procedure for an in-house hair wash and teach them how to do it themselves moving forward. They also receive a list of all the "dos and don'ts" to make sure that they properly take care of their scalp the months following the HT.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Every doctor has their own unique set of post-op care instructions, so the information you'll get will vary quite a bit. We provide our patients with a hat to wear home the day of surgery and give them a mild shampoo and a double sided sponge to be used to gently clean their scalp twice a day for the first five days. We have them come in the day after the procedure for an in-house hair wash and teach them how to do it themselves moving forward. They also receive a list of all the "dos and don'ts" to make sure that they properly take care of their scalp the months following the HT.

I think a good set of post procedure care makes a difference on how well the grafts get hold of blood supply.