FUT Procedure

I'm considering an FUT procedure in the Fall (1,800). My physician is well-known and expert in this area. I'm very nervous about the overall results, the long incision/staples from the donor site and my appearance the first month following the procedure. If there are any females out there who have undergone this type of transplant your comments would be greatly appreciate.

• 4 years later...

Hello can you tell me if you have done the procedure and if you are pleased. I also am female and have surgery planned but very nervous as well, not so much the surgery but the shock loss and results

nervous2017,

i’m assuming since your post is back from 2017 that you have already gone ahead with the procedure at this point. That said, we would all like to know how everything went. Who was your doctor and what was your experience like? Can you present photos showing your before and after pictures so we can check out and appreciate your results?

@Rolo

i’m assuming based on your post here that you are considering hair transplant surgery yourself? There are a number of patients who share their experiences And before and after pictures here so I’m sure that will help give you an idea of what you can expect from hair transplant surgery.  of course, a lot depends on the surgeon you select, the type of procedure you undergo and how many graphs you need both for your initial procedure and any potential subsequent ones. 

i’m sure if you create your own post and ask any specific questions, individuals on this forum can provide you with more specific input. I meantime, welcome to this forum and my advice to you would be to spend some time researching all doctors you are considering.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.