Graft estimation

HLS2015 I've personally had 4000 fue grafts taken from the back of my head and you can't tell anything was done. Not even when my hair is super short. My yield was amazing.

You bash fue all the time even though you see the great results on this site. I don't get it. You're 26,been on here for a mere 3 years, and know it all huh?

Let's hear the details of your transplant and let's see some pics....

HLS2015 is correct about one thing, no one wears their hair that short after getting a HT! if you grew out your hair, you'd probably notice minimal to no hair loss but for your crown ... I'm alot older than you and if I were in your shoes, I would not get a HT at this point. Try medication, natural supplements, DHT blocker shampoos, etc. Once you go the surgery route, there is no turning back and while your hair loss progresses, you will be chasing it with additional surgeries down the line. You will never replicate the hairline density that you currently have. Hold off and see where your hair loss pattern goes before going the surgery route at such a young age ..

I wouldn't do a transplant yet, try Propecia, Regaine or if you want to do as much as you can both for 6-12 months and review it. You look like someone that would have a good response. As others have suggested growing your hair out longer in the future hopefully once you have some improvements in the crown will make a huge change.

Even if you don't get noticeable improvement in the crown then you should at least have stability and it might then be safe to use some of your donor hair in the crown.

Knowing something about your age, family history or hair loss and how much hair you have lost in the last 2-5 years would help make things easier to offer advice.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

I definitely agree with the advice above. You have a large balding area appearing that would require a lot of grafts to cover and a strong likelihood of further thinning in that area. Your hairline itself isn't even massively receded.

With the majority of your hairloss being at the crown and midscalp, you might find that Finasteride would make a worthwhile difference as it tends to be more successful in terms of regrowth in those areas.

Your hair is short and it's only another small step to completely buzzing it, which might be worth trying if you want to look 'less bald'.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

home1212 said:
HLS2015 is correct about one thing, no one wears their hair that short after getting a HT! if you grew out your hair, you'd probably notice minimal to no hair loss but for your crown ... I'm alot older than you and if I were in your shoes, I would not get a HT at this point. Try medication, natural supplements, DHT blocker shampoos, etc. Once you go the surgery route, there is no turning back and while your hair loss progresses, you will be chasing it with additional surgeries down the line. You will never replicate the hairline density that you currently have. Hold off and see where your hair loss pattern goes before going the surgery route at such a young age ..

Hello, I am not saying I want the hair that short after HT, I said usually I had short haircuts but not shaved as I am now because of the baldness :D

Thanks for 'young age' but I am already 40, not sure it will progress further, been like that for a while now.

Do you still suggest I can regrow hair at this age with natural supplements?