8 days post op - how does it look?

Hey guys, new to the forum. Thought I'd post some pics.

Surgeon: Rahal

Grafts: 2863

Type: FUT

Basically, what I want to know is how does it look so far? Rahal was saying not touch the area for 14 days, but today I have been gently running my hand over the area crusts have been falling off, want to make sure things look ok.

Edited by 2863grafts

The grafts should be secure by day 8 and I doubt if you've done any damage, but I would advise you as well as patients of any doctor not to touch before 14 days. You've made a good investment in your hair and it would be a shame to go and spoil it.

I can remember being at your stage and I understand the temptation to touch the grafts and try and speed along the process. It sounds like you've just brushed away some of the looser scabs and crusts and I know that they do come away very easily after a week.

You'll find that the transplanted hairs kind of pull together in clumps and create what looks like gaps or 'valleys' between them. This is totally normal.

I can see a nice dense result in your future and I hope you keep us updated.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The grafts should be secure by day 8 and I doubt if you've done any damage, but I would advise you as well as patients of any doctor not to touch before 14 days. You've made a good investment in your hair and it would be a shame to go and spoil it.

I can remember being at your stage and I understand the temptation to touch the grafts and try and speed along the process. It sounds like you've just brushed away some of the looser scabs and crusts and I know that they do come away very easily after a week.

You'll find that the transplanted hairs kind of pull together in clumps and create what looks like gaps or 'valleys' between them. This is totally normal.

I can see a nice dense result in your future and I hope you keep us updated.

Thanks for the reply.

That's pretty much what's been happening. I haven't picked at any of the scabs at all. I've also checked the crusts that have fallen and at most were just crust, and 30-40% had a hair in them, but no bulb or anything signifying additional tissue. I also don't see any unusual gaps between follicles, when clumping/valleys are accounted for. All good signs?

My procedure was four and a half years ago, but I do remember the experience as well as the fears that all HT patients have. Everything you've described sounds typical to me. Normal and healthy.

Another thing I can remember about my own experience is that I still had questions, despite working for the doctor and being knowledgeable about the subject; so if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Never pick scabs, just soak your head and gingerly massage them and they should loosen.

No, I've just been running my hand gently over the scabbed areas, seeing if any scabs loosen. I haven't tried to pick any that were attached to the scalp. I read Bernstein's article about Type 1 vs. Type 2 scabs.

My procedure was four and a half years ago, but I do remember the experience as well as the fears that all HT patients have. Everything you've described sounds typical to me. Normal and healthy.

Another thing I can remember about my own experience is that I still had questions, despite working for the doctor and being knowledgeable about the subject; so if you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

Yep. Money/self esteem. People get protective.

Could you post some pics of your head right after the operation? Curious to see how the grafts were placed in conjunction with your native hair.

I dont have those pics yet. Rahal has to send me them.