Ahead Ink: Hairline Restoration NW3

This featured client had an existing hairline (roughly a NW3) but desired something a bit more aggressive. We designed a new hairline and provided density into all thinning areas. Result is immediately after his third session of non-permanent SMP. (***The whiteness/white line is from a vasoconstrictor we use. This goes away after a few hours.)

2h81zzp.jpg

2luuq02.jpg

2va0cp5.jpg

55s65x.jpg

25iye5s.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Looks really decent. Helps that he's a NW3 though I'm guessing ? You wouldn't get such a realistic result on a NW6 though?

- I really like the fading you've done in the corners. Makes the result so much better than when people have overly defined hairlines.

Thanks Kayaktheworld! See you soon for your third session.

Thanks Netsky! It's actually far more difficult to get a realistic result on a NW3 because you have to match the SMP with the existing hairline. A NW6 is a blank canvas.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Can you tell me what length he shaved the sides ?

Ive just recently shaved mine with a electric foil razer and i feel its just a bit too short. You just need some visible length on the sidesI feel. However, I use my clippers to buzz my head the shortest length i can get is 1mm.

What do you think is the best length for someone like me who is a diffuse thinner but wants to create the most natural SMP result possible ?

Hi Netsky,

This client uses a foil razor. I usually recommend the Wahl Professional Super Close Shaver/Shaper. It's about $50. I think he had about 1 day of growth in this picture.

For the procedure I shave guys with the Wahl Foil, or I'll use the Wahl Peanut if they want a bit more length. Since SMP is two dimensional, it's usually best to have the existing hair appear the same. That being said some guys will go a few days and it still looks great. It all depends on the direction the hair is growing. Some guys can keep that stubble look even with a day or two of growth. But for the other guys the hair grows at more of an angle and it doesn't work so well.

If you like, send me some pictures at info@aheadink.com and I can advise you. I'd do so regardless if I'm treating you as I enjoy helping fellow hair loss sufferers out.