Hair transplant + beard transplant advice needed

Hey everyone, I registered in this site five years ago when I was 23 and I'm 28 years old now.Five years ago I was worried that I was gonna be totally bald on top until now but I still have same amount of hair on top however it is still thin.I also have very little beard which bothers me for years so I think it is time for both a hair and beard transplant.I guess I need 1500- 2000 grafts for beard transplant. I'm on and off finasteride for five years .So I need your advice

Looking at my picture

What is my donor density ?

How many grafts I need ?

Thinking my age is it good idea to spend 1500-2000 grafts for beard ?

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Y32zg1U2S_cUFfV3h6b0RXa2M/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Y32zg1U2S_cGhLUTBiaGpZNmM/view?usp=sharing

luna,

Estimating your donor density from a photo is difficult and really can only be done in person by a surgeon. Having said that, your donor does appear suitable for a HT procedure.

You do have a diffused thinning pattern with still very good hair volume. If I were in your shoes, I don't think I would be getting a procedure quite yet.

And lastly, what are your reasons for going on and off again with finasteride? Were you having side effects?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Luna1, if there are no side effects for you, stay on finasteride full time. Then reassess your hair in a few years

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Stay on finasteride continuously. Why do you go on and off?

Your donor is looking ok from what I can see. No need to use beard hair.

Also, what are your goals? I assume fixing your temples and strengthening your hairline?

You can't really work in your other areas as there is still plenty of density, that's why it's important that you stay on medication.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

luna,

Estimating your donor density from a photo is difficult and really can only be done in person by a surgeon. Having said that, your donor does appear suitable for a HT procedure.

You do have a diffused thinning pattern with still very good hair volume. If I were in your shoes, I don't think I would be getting a procedure quite yet.

And lastly, what are your reasons for going on and off again with finasteride? Were you having side effects?

gillenator,

Thanks for the answer.Can you please explain why don't advice a procedure now ? I really want my hairline back.I was assuming my age is suitable.None of my older brothers or my father have baldness at crown .All of them have similar thinning on top like mine.

also my reasons for quitting finasteride

I was on and off finasteride because in the first 1-2 years I wasn't sure it was working for me or not . I wanted to see what happens without it. And also you can't find proscar easily in Turkey.

Stay on finasteride continuously. Why do you go on and off?

Your donor is looking ok from what I can see. No need to use beard hair.

Also, what are your goals? I assume fixing your temples and strengthening your hairline?

You can't really work in your other areas as there is still plenty of density, that's why it's important that you stay on medication.

hi Swooping,

yes my goal is fixing the hairline and temples with enough density.How many grafts would you advice as an astimate ?

thanks

Luna1, if there are no side effects for you, stay on finasteride full time. Then reassess your hair in a few years

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the advice. I plan to stay on proscar as long as possible.I hope it works for long years as in your case

hi Swooping,

yes my goal is fixing the hairline and temples with enough density.How many grafts would you advice as an astimate ?

thanks

I'd say 2000-2500, based on the picture.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com