Does transplanted hair always shed?

Hello all,

I just had a 3600+ graft FUT procedure done by Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand. I'm very pleased with the results and currently in the healing stage. The procedure was done 15 days ago, and I don't seem to be shedding the transplanted hairs. They seem to be growing. Is this normal? Should I expect all of them to fall out soon? The expectation set was that I would shed the transplanted hair, so the fact that they appear to be growing is surprising, but I suspect it may be an illusion and due to the fact that swelling has gone down. Replies appreciated in advance.

5b32f4507db73_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.c7d41fa18f3bb0c9adb09818b956fb25.jpg

As soon as you read this, the shedding will begin.

Unless you are in the lucky 5% that doesn't shed. Most likely you will though. It's all part of the process.

Your Blog has been viewed, too. Remember, this is not Instagram wherein you get 4,628 views in 28 seconds. Most guys here are probably looking at their hair or their pimples. They'll get to you eventually. Relax and grow well young man.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

As soon as you read this, the shedding will begin.

Unless you are in the lucky 5% that doesn't shed. Most likely you will though. It's all part of the process.

Your Blog has been viewed, too. Remember, this is not Instagram wherein you get 4,628 views in 28 seconds. Most guys here are probably looking at their hair or their pimples. They'll get to you eventually. Relax and grow well young man.

Love it! Thanks man!

I believe surgeon comoet3nncy along with your own bodies response have a lot to do with the outcome.

First two surgeries with rahal most my hearts fell out by three weeks, and by the fourth was all out.

Third procedure with a Turkish surgeon known as ekrem give, and I would say 50% of the hearts continues to grow, while the remaining fell out. Surprisingly enough, almost all the hearts remained at the hairline, while the rest fell out.

Prior surgeries all addressed the frontal third.

From my exp3rienc3 I believe graft handling and placement latterly determines whether you shed or not. Seeing how my first two procedures I shed everything, while the third I kept a large amount. However the templ3 points all shed in every surgery.

• 4 weeks later...