Micropigmentation- Hiding a Scar

JacobS

It IS pretty good indeed. Waow. Could definitely be an option for those whose scar width is small. Probably a lot cheaper than filling it with FUE. Jacob can you give more details on the procedure, the method, the cost & so on? Where was that done?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Cannot answer all of your questions hairworthy...spotted it on a surgeon's website mixed with other cases. I'd image a skilled tattoo artist could do the same for $500 or less. It's a matter of matching the existing density and color.

Interesting solution to hide a nasty scar.

One observation: if you get the tattoo artist to create all those dark dots on your scalp, as you get older and your hair turns gray, you'll have to either dye your hair to match the dots or let it grow out.

That, and tattoos naturally fade over time. Ever notice that black sometimes becomes blue-ish even on professional tattoos? There was some discussion here on tattooing scars a few months ago: "Tattoo for donor scar"

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

great topic. i feel we all should start looking into concealing scars with micropigmentation. i mean come on, women conceal their ENTIRE face with makeup! and sometimes with permenent makeup. we are just concealing scars under our hair.

i've been considering taking the plunge. not with a tattoo artist, but someone who specializes in permenant makeup or hiding scars.

Why is it that these centers are always on the other side of the pond? I'll see if I can find something similar in the UK.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Just make sure you research this as thoroughly as you'd research a hair transplant. It sucks really bad when you get a cosmetic procedure to improve your appearance, and it actually makes things worse.

In my opinion, that is probably considered fair to good, as far as thickness, although he does have a bit of "train tracks" (cross hatch effect from the sutures) and suture marks beyond the main scar, which is not a good thing. It looks like it widens a bit on the left, that is typical that the sides tend to heal slightly wider.

Lots of guys think their donor scar is teeny tiny, then they shave their heads and are surprised by what they see. They thought it would be smaller because when they usually saw it, it was partially covered with hair.

I've seen smaller (thinner) scars but this one isn't excellent but certainly doesn't totally suck. So I say most would consider it "medium good".

Note that scar length is related to total grafts needed. The more grafts you need, the longer the scar will probably need to be, in some cases going ear to ear.