Hair system worth it?

Pm5913

Hi all this is my first post hope you are all well.

Been doing a lot of research lately on hair loss treatments and came across this website so i thought i would ask for some advice.

Im 30 years old and have been losing my hair for the last few years now which is started to affect my confidence. I currently use mane hair thickening spray and toppik hair fibres which do a good job as nobody has yet to catch me out. But im getting fed up of doing it which is why ive looked into a hair transplant and now noticed the hair systems. A hair transplant would set me back around ?9k which seems a lot when the results arent guaranteed.

The hair systems as of todays quote will set me back around ?250 a month which seems steep considering i live alone with my son and have a mortgage bills etc to pay.

Im basically wondering if you think the hair systems are worth that much or have i been quoted a lot there? Also what are peoples reviews of them. If im totally honest aswell im single and im ready to date so i trying to get that confidence back and im just wondering what the best option would be? Sorry to drag on past the point bit your advice would be really helpfull.

Definitely! I have been wearing 7 years now and my biggest regret is not knowing about them sooner. My life has vastly improved.

It does take work and you need to keep at it to get the right final system, but it will knock years off you as its done for me.

I buy online and DIY, which isnt as hard as it sounds. All in I spend ?400 a year.

Do they work? Absolutely for some people. I think like most things it is "case by case" as to the "success".

I once tried Hair Club For Men. Hair Club treated me quite well and they had very professional full-time talented stylists. You usually go in every 5-8 weeks and have your native hair trimmed and to have the system cleaned. Many clients buy a second system so your 6 week appointment goes much quicker because the 2nd system is ready to go as soon as you walk in. My Hair Club system looked great, washed well, blew dry well, styled well. One nice thing about a hair system is thickness is basically unlimited.

However I could never quite get used to the fact that it "wasn't me"...that it was not real....I was often worried "do people know like at the store or a ballgame?".....even if one in 20, one in 50 know...it worried me. I've always liked hats, not just to cover thinning hair, but just liked hats period...and for sun protection. I found it difficult to wear hats with my system. I also didn't really care for the "glue" that was used just at the front part to secure the front of the system to your scalp. After a few days, weeks....I dunno the glue can be cleaned up...but it was just kind of a hassle. So I had the system removed and began the transplant journey soon afterward. But if my only choices were between the completely bald horseshoe look and a system....I would very likely return to a system and learn to cope with it.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 3 months later...

I think systems can make you look a lot better and younger and that most of the time most people will not know. Every now and again someone might figure it out. As long as you can make the mental adjustment that you might get busted it can be a great thing for your life.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi PM.

I have been using hair system since last 14 years. I was NW1 at that time and I am NW6 right now. I was young at that time and didn't liked my balding head in the mirror. Of course it gave me immense confidence at that time. I used to think no one could detect hair patch on my head. It was true for initial weeks when you freshly comes out of saloon after service or for people whom you occasionally meet for short duration of time. But people around you, like your relatives or your peers, will easily make out that you are wearing a patch which is not real.

At the end of the day it is your mindset which decides whether you are ok with the hair patch or not.

I am now 38 and seriously considering of hair transplant even though I know I will never get density which I am used to looking my self in the mirror.