Laser Hair Removal for a Bad HT?

Hey all,

Well after just finding out about the alternatives to getting rid of old grafts and raise the hairline,(FUE which will result in pitted scars, a brow lift, or a tissue expander beneath the forehead), I have decided to look for alternative means of removing old grafts, as none of these sound very desirable. Has anyone tried using laser hair removal for old grafts? I know all about LHR as I have used it before and, depending on what company and what type of laser they use, really good or really bad results can be seen. Anyway, has anyone on this forum tried it? I think if it is possible, it would be a heck of a lot better than getting even more scars or big time plastic surgery.

Hey all,

Well after just finding out about the alternatives to getting rid of old grafts and raise the hairline,(FUE which will result in pitted scars, a brow lift, or a tissue expander beneath the forehead), I have decided to look for alternative means of removing old grafts, as none of these sound very desirable. Has anyone tried using laser hair removal for old grafts? I know all about LHR as I have used it before and, depending on what company and what type of laser they use, really good or really bad results can be seen. Anyway, has anyone on this forum tried it? I think if it is possible, it would be a heck of a lot better than getting even more scars or big time plastic surgery.

Hi ChargerFan8608,

I haven't actually had any experience of laser treatment for the removal of hair grafts but yesterday I posted a similar request for info regarding IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) hair removal. If you think it will be of any use you can check it out here.

By the way, if you discover how to successfully remove hair grafts using laser I would really like to know the details (i.e. what type of laser is required).

Thanks.

read on the internet:

I've had two sessions for removal of 300 micrografts from 1993. First was standard laser.

Last one was Pulse Light laser. Results have been great. Now I need to decide if I want a

little FUE fill-in to reconstruct a VERY mature hairline.