Blank Slate Stem Cells

I have been reading some research regarding the use of blank slate stem cells for curing hairloss.

Dr. George Cotsarelis, who is a University of Pennsylvania dermatologist and co-author of the study were able to induce hair growth in bald mice. These blank slate stem cells were virtually transferred from one mouse and put in another.

Blank slate stem cells are different from embryonic cells whose use is controversial due to the fact embryos are destroyed in the process.

Scientists are studying whether human hair follicules contain blank slate cells which can potentially give most humans a full head of hair. Let's hope there is a breakthrough with this research!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have been reading some research regarding the use of blank slate stem cells for curing hairloss.

Dr. George Cotsarelis, who is a University of Pennsylvania dermatologist and co-author of the study were able to induce hair growth in bald mice. These blank slate stem cells were virtually transferred from one mouse and put in another.

Blank slate stem cells are different from embryonic cells whose use is controversial due to the fact embryos are destroyed in the process.

Scientists are studying whether human hair follicules contain blank slate cells which can potentially give most humans a full head of hair. Let's hope there is a breakthrough with this research!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...