EGCG androgen receptor downregulation.

And body take this? It sounds like the perfect supplement for hair loss, it actually interferes with androgen receptor transcription. Some people think that AR up-regulation might happen as a result of lower DHT levels from finasteride use so it's possible that EGCG might prevent this and help for long term maintenance.

Just ordered some online, 400mg green tea polyphenola, 50% of which are EGCG. supposedly taking it on an empty stomach results in greater absorption. The biggest problem seems to be low bioavailability and liver toxicity with high doses.

Edited by WantSephirothHair

• 5 months later...

After taking both for a good 5 months with no noticeable results, I suspect that like most western males, I lack the gut flora capable of converting isoflavones to equol. Green tea may have some preventative effect but you can't really assess prevention so well. They certainly haven't reduced my shedding which has always been extremely high. Green tea has low bioavailability. I suspect that equol itself would be more effective than soy isoflavones in the vast majority of cases. If you're East Asian the chances of being an equol producer are much higher, which in conjunction with a high soy diet, may go some way to explain the lower incidenc of AGA in east Asia.

• 5 months later...

WSH,

Well the product definitely sounds fancy but, based on your description of it, it appears to be a supplement with green tea leaves amongst other things. Nothing about it really sounds like it does anything to regulate androgen receptor transcription. And even if it does, it doesn’t seem like it does anything to reverse the process of pattern baldness.

Of course, it’s true that every individual is different however, I suspect that since this particular product pathway is not more popular because there isn’t a substantial number of people benefiting from it.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bill