Worried about crusting 18 days post FUE

I am not sure what's going on but it's my 18th day post FUE and I still can't get rid of all the crusting in the front. I've been using olive and coconut oil,massaging, taking direct shower but the skin in the front just feels very hard and the crust stays. When I massage, mostly hair fall out instead of crusts. Also, I have posted another thread about how there's a lot of white buildup (perhaps dryness/dead skin) in the front which is not easy to get rid of either. From the crown, most of the crusting came off but front even feels different (hair in the front feel more like hard spikes). When I asked my Dr's assistant, he suggested to use more pressure and use anti dandruff shampoo. I used H&S once but it felt to harsh so I'm back on baby shampoo. The only option to remove this crust feels like I'd have to pick it from my nails which I really wouldn't want to do. Any suggestions? Is it infected at this point?

IMG_6450.thumb.jpg.1d9ba5805c8b53f86238fb2f61018c61.jpg

IMG_6449.thumb.jpg.b7cda251e6ae55513990c3b20b952947.jpg

IMG_6446.thumb.jpg.110e3dc6b16d1413143143b16cda9cf4.jpg

1. Stay away from dandruff shampoo this early. Stuff is harsh, man. To your question, are you really giving the crusts a good hard circular rub with your fingertips while in the shower? Should come off easily

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Soak your head under the shower with warm water for a full 20 minutes. Time it if you have to. You wanna make sure it's a full 20. Then massage it off with your fingertips.

Thanks a lot guys! Finally got rid of em. Lots of redness in the scalp though but olive/coconut oil helps so I'm letting it heal. Thanks again for some great advice, much appreciated.

How did you get rid of Them, and Can you show pictures of your scalp now?

There you go, just took a picture. I had to take it with the flash on though and you could see there is still a lot of redness in my scalp. I am 21 day post FUE at this point btw.

IMG_6637.thumb.jpg.12369f33e82a99b76c52dac95c3f9be4.jpg

Another one with flash off, you can see how dry my skin is (considering I applied coconut oil last night and haven't washed it yet). I notice there's one or two scabs left in the front tho, hoping to get rid of em today.

IMG_6636.thumb.jpg.9fd756c9985b1102e8d33f53115c28f8.jpg

Another one with flash off, you can see how dry my skin is (considering I applied coconut oil last night and haven't washed it yet). I notice there's one or two scabs left in the front tho, hoping to get rid of em today.

Cool.

But how did you get Them off?

Did you just wash Harder on the scalp?

Sometimes those crusts can be stubborn to remove but as was recommended, soaking them for 15-20 minutes with warm water and suds and then rubbing in a circular motion with pressure will loosen them up.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY