Where to go for SMP

Hello,

I am 29 years old and NW6 possible 7. Very limited donor hair so not an ideal candidate for a HT although i have been advised by DR K at EAK hair institute that i could have one but i would have to be realistic with what i wanted. Advised frontal 3rd would have coverage but from there backwards wouldnt be touched.

Only worry is that once i have FUE i will have to keep my hair to at least a grade 1 (3mm) to be able to hide the scars. I keep my hair at a 0.5 on the sides and back at the moment and try to leave some on top as its almost completely gone from there.

I have had consulations with both HIS and SKALP (HIS only skype but i visited SKALP in London. Cant say i was overly impressed with both of them. SKALP said i would have to wet shave my hair with im trying to avoid. Can anyone recommend any other clinics in the UK. I am in Southampton which is on the South Coast. Or anyone had any experience with SKALP of HIS that they can share?

i have attached images. Hair was grown out so i could send to HT clincs for analysis on a HT.

20170120_151401.thumb.jpg.542671576c6d7e21f6a8e3eb45e6b10f.jpg

5b32f2ddd157a_fronttop.thumb.jpg.7d95b1cbf6db74afabf14aec334ab42a.jpg

5b32f2dde7c49_sidetop.thumb.jpg.c87608f56fb2acd1091bf3f22a7ca6a3.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.9126194f499a2f34f1718f41d570a263.jpg

I've done some research on this and I'm contemplating on whether I should go with Brandonwoodclinic in Shirley.

You're super lucky that you've got so many options in the UK as opposed to me who lives in Nepal. Flights, cost, hotels... everything's so damn daunting.

I liked HIS in the past especially for SMP into FUT scars (I had an old bad Bosley scar done by them) but have heard they have had some business issues.

I have also read reports on this forum from those who have claimed temporary SMP played a part in them developing leukemia.

So research it carefully before proceeding.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)