Question for Propecia users

nyny12

I remember reading something about propecia and infertility. Has anyone here come across this problem or know if there is any link?? Just trying to get as much knowledge as possible before I decide whether or not to start taking it.

Also, I read ( I think on this forum) that propecia can actually hurt your hairline. Is this true? My only thinning is at the hairline so I want to make sure this is not the case. Thanks

nyny12,

I used Propecia/Proscar for over 10 years and I don't think my hairline would have remained mostly intact while fighting dht for the last 17 years without the drug.

I have never read anything that claims Propecia causes infertility in men. I have read several posts of men here who have been on Propecia and had many healthy babies. But you must be very careful after conception. There is a period of time during which the male genitals are formed and men have been advised to avoid exposing the unborn child to any level of Finasteride during that time. Either no intercourse or use a condom. However, I am NOT familiar with the timeframe for this developement; you have to research that for yourself if/when it applies to you.

Thanks. Also does it help or hurt or do nothing to your hair line because that is where I am thinning. My crown is extremely full and you cannot even see any scalp even if it is extremely wet, just the hairline is thinning.