Regaine 5% minox after hair transplant surgery - ????

Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on using minoxidil post-op??

I'm week six post-op and i've been applying minoxidil since around week 3. I'm scared it could be doing more harm than good to be honest.

Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on using minoxidil post-op??

I'm week six post-op and i've been applying minoxidil since around week 3. I'm scared it could be doing more harm than good to be honest.

jonrctim,

Some doctors believe using minoxidil post-op may jump start early transplanted hair growth and awaken them from the dormant phase earlier. I however, have seen no clinical proof of this. I also never liked the idea of going on Rogaine for a short time and then coming off of it. Personally, I'd suggest if you are going to get on Rogaine, stay on it unless you have side effects.

Basically, it can't hurt 6 weeks post op, but know that any miniaturizing natural hair can develop a dependency on it and may shed upon ceasing the medication. Of course, these hairs would have eventually fallen out anyway.

In a nutshell, Rogaine is not needed for a hair transplant.

Bill

Thanks for the advice Bill. I've read quite a few posts on here with people complaining that switching from the liquid to the foam caused quite a lot of shedding.

I was basically using it to give the new transplanted hairs the best possible chance. Anything to make this one work as my first HT with AlviArmani 2800 FUE was terrible. Feeling quite desperate as my hair loss is really affecting me. I've also a lot of shock loss in the donor area this time as i opted for FUT. I'm getting quite close to the 20K mark on what i've spent on restoring my hair .... Cant keep this up.

Cheers.