Help!dyed my beard

Hello there,

I am a male and I'm concerned about my beard :/

3 weeks ago I came up with an idea that I want to dye my beard to a lighter color.

I went to my barber (same one for 3 years already), and he started to bleach my beard. The pain was horrible but he said it's fine. The chemical left on my face for about an hour and afterwards I washed it and the beard was blonde-grey colored(as I wanted). The next day I had chemical burns all over my cheeks and chin even though I didn't feel any pain. After a week and a half the burns were gone and now I have only few places with red areas but I believe it will recover(feels itching a bit sometimes).

The thing is, a week ago I shaved my bread almost completely and it grew up and parts of my beard are still blonde(the beard is mixed of black and blonde)! A part of the beard is back to normal(black color) but there are a lot of completely blonde hairs (the roots are blonde)!

It looks like the black ones are much longer and grew much faster and the blonde ones are shorter and hardly grew(if it grew at all, I don't know).

Will it all go back to it's normal state? There is any possibility that the chemical burns damaged the hair growth? I'm really worried about it since I had a very full and nice beard and now it looks like there are missing parts in it, I feel like the blonde hair won't go back to my fast growth black bread :(

Edited by Anonym123

Just my opinion however I feel using a bleach based product on your beard was completely wrong for the reasons you experienced. Beard hair grows so fast that coloring the beard is a momentary experience. Much better to use a safer non bleach, non peroxide product like Just for Men. It won't harm skin or underlying tissue.

Sure, you have to keep re-applying it but better that than experience the burns and potential damage to your skin.

Hopefully in another month or so, enough growth will have taken place for the beard hair to resume normally as before.

If it does not, see a dermatologist for treatment and give the bill to your barber who needs to be educated in coloring facial hair!...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

With all due respect for REAL Barbers and Hair Stylists - the bar is not so high that a lot of wanna-be hipster types permeate the local salons with some crazy hair ideas in their head.

How many of them actually wanted to be Lumberjacks?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.