I know its Old

mikeey

hi guys

returning to a rather old querie . Has anyone found any Answer as to why The "Transplanted " Hair on the recipient Area seems to loose Density after 14 months onwards?

I have been researching this since the last many months and have even met some guys who shared my confusion and admitted that they had Lost density on the Frontal and crown area and that which was slick bald before the HT , so obviously there were No native hair to start with , what I wish to understand is why does the person Loose Density after a good Dense HT ( 12 Months ) and suddenly realises down the line after say 2 years that they do not look as Dense as the 1st year post Operation .

even I have read on many internet sites where many have claimed that they too has experienced the same !

well if that is really the Truth , I have reservations of spending money just to enjoy a year of Blessings and the get into Depression till I fix it again with another HT OR Regret going that route in the first place !!

We talked about something similar in this thread here below, and this was my answer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158893-transplanted-hairs-falling-out-12-months-post-hair-transplant-4.html

In short it's about the hair cycles balancing out in time and not related to the hair just suddenly falling out due to DHT etc.

For this reason I would never recommend anyone have a HT in the same area until at least 18-24 months have passed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it has to do with the growth cycle for the newly transplanted hairs all kicking in at around the same time where you have a large number of hairs that have started to grow within the same growth phase at around 6 months to one year.

Then the normal hair growth cycle for each individual hair balances out in time and not all hairs transplanted are in the anagen (growing) phase at the same time. I experienced this with my transplants, and an email reply from Dr. Hasson many years ago said something on similar lines.

Another good reason to wait it out before having a second or third procedures I guess, until everything balances out both good and bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)