Story to Share

james2009

I have a story to share ...

I'm a 32 year old male. About a year and a half ago I had my first ht and about 4 months ago I had a second ht to add density to my first ht.

After my first ht I was a bit unhappy. The direction of the hair wasn't right and above my right temple the level of density was quite thin. So, about 4 months ago I went in for another ht to increase density.

For all you guys who are uncertain if a ht is right for you, my suggestion is to take the leap and just do it.

while density after my second ht isn't complete since it's only been 4 months, generally speaking it's so much better than it was before. as far as self-esteem is concerned, i can't believe already the difference this second ht has made.

it has been about 7 or 8 years since girls have smiled at me on their own accord because they might be a bit physically interested in me. at only four months now, i go out and girls smile at me all the time. everyday there is at least one girl who smiles at me.

i have always known that my hair loss has affected my self-esteem but i can't even begin to express the difference it has made in my life now to have people smile at me. of course, i am not going to sleep with everyone of these girls but wow, what a difference it makes to be noticed and to know that i haven't lost my 'mojo' anymore.

anyway, i just wanted to share this with everyone because for all you guys (and i was one of them) who avoided going out socially because they're embarassed by their hair loss, or have low self-esteem, or feel less attractive than other guys, just bite the bullet and get the ht done. it has made such a huge difference in my life and this is only at 4 months after my second ht.

it really is just astounding the difference it has made for me.

j.

Originally posted by james2009:

For all you guys who are uncertain if a ht is right for you, my suggestion is to take the leap and just do it.

j.

James, I disagree with this part of your statement..my inclination is if your uncertain, just wait. Waiting is NEVER wrong. (But I 100% understand your enthusiasm!!! =)

With that said, I am very happy to hear of your experience. Your tale of success is what getting a HT is reminder of the positive impact a great result can produce.

Thanks for sharing some of your journey with us, and I hope you will share some of your photos with us as well!!!!

Happy Growing!!!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Happy yer happy -- sounds like you've really been infused with a new life! But a HT really isn't something that anyone should rush into. Have you had a lot of growth at 4months? Or has the limited growth masked the poor direction and density of your first HT? Who'd you go to for each surgery?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I was also a bit "underwhelmed" by my first procedure of around 1800 grafts to my frontal area, and I have to tell you that it wasn't something I jumped right into. I'm in my late forties, have a beautiful wife whose ten years younger and we have two young boys together, I live in the far northeastern part of the country where the economics aren't great and one must travel to see a coalition Dr. So, having a transplant wasn't something that I needed to attract women. However, I've stayed in graet shape, I have good genetics (except the hair loss), and even without the ht I looked at least five years younger; therefore, this was something I just wanted to do for myself. Thus, since my first ht didn't achieve my goals, I went back to my surgeon, who worked out a plan with me. We decided that 700 grafts would do it, but a bit more than 900 grafts came out to add more density and fill in areas that didn't take the first time around. So far, after a little more than three months growth, things are spurting in very well. In fact, the other day, a lady at a party came up to me randomly and said, "You know something, you're a good looking guy!" That comment right there was worth any doubt I ever had, even though my second procedure is just taking off.