Donor Region Soreness

I can't say I've experienced any pain per se during or after my procedure. BUT, my head is still sore in the donor region. I notice it when I try to sleep mostly. Other times, its just the general tightness. I did have a healthy 3647 graft session so I expected my scalp to me much "tighter" than my previous HT (only 880 minis and micros). As for healing, my scar looks very thin and healthy to this point.

So my question is:

How long did you guys experience this soreness?

I can't say I've experienced any pain per se during or after my procedure. BUT, my head is still sore in the donor region. I notice it when I try to sleep mostly. Other times, its just the general tightness. I did have a healthy 3647 graft session so I expected my scalp to me much "tighter" than my previous HT (only 880 minis and micros). As for healing, my scar looks very thin and healthy to this point.

So my question is:

How long did you guys experience this soreness?

Brando...I knew I forgot something.

I'm at day 26.

Its not that bad and it gets better each day. I suppose it is one of those things that suddenly is just gone one day...and you didn't even notice when it happened.

Hairworthy...good healing to you!

I'm at day 27 and there is a little soreness at a few spots along the scar but as you said, along with the general tight feeling, it has been getting better each day. I still have some numbness above the scar line but the feeling is starting to come back as the nerves reconnect themselves. (I'll post pics of the scar along with my weekly update). I know it doesn't answer your question but you're not alone.

Heres to quick sprouting...

Day 26??..lol...no wonder it still hurts..

Bruin...my scalp probably took at least 3 months for the general "tightness" to go away...and maybe another 2-3 months for these little painpoints in the donor scar to go away..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

I am 4 days post op and have had very little pain in the donor area except when I sleep. I have been using an ice pack on my forehead and donor area about ten times a day since the surgery. I really think the ice pack has helped.

my soreness lasted almost a year. the reason is because of the nerve damage and my body being slow to rebuild my nerves. It just about went away but I recently had a scar revision and it has returned

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"