~3000 FUT grafts with Dr. Scott Alexander Feb 22 2017

Slush

Very true, Spex. While I tried to manage expectations, I still hoped for better frontal third density. Dr. Alexander tried to make the frontal third a "one and done", And now I'm wondering if density can be added. Should I accept this as it is? I know donor region is very limited, especially since I don't want to do FUT again.

Spex, what do you suggest I do next?

I managed expectations well going in. Hopefully my pics will help those with more sever hair loss like myself. Honestly, I didn't realize my hair loss was so severe until I just looked back. It's easy for you mind to revert back to previous hair stages.

I can say that I am happy to have more hair (you know what I mean, the appearance of!), it looks natural, I look younger, and depending on angles/light it looks even thicker. I definitely don't regret my decision, I just want MORE! The scar is extremely minimal, which speaks volumes to Dr. Alexander!

Additional comparison pics added to help the community.

PhotoGrid_1502930274416.thumb.jpg.bb563fbcb99e18defb3b3355508816b5.jpg

2018-05-01_20_37_47.thumb.jpg.c654bb3027b7190a032ad6020c81ef20.jpg

2018-05-01_20_40_44.thumb.jpg.8d6a436e26b3a277793b889ee3a1d098.jpg

My HT Journey

The FUT surgery experience and results

Disguising my FUT Scar

Medications and Supplements

Supplements: Biotin, MSM

5% Minoxidil Foam

Regenepure Shampoo (re-starting 1mo after HT)

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, 

Dr. Alexander and Spex were in Los Angeles today so I had the opportunity to meet with them face to face. After my last post I had a Skype session with Dr. Alexander, but pictures are limiting, especially with fine hair like mine. Lighting makes a huge impact. 

I met with Dr. Alexander again because I am pleased with his work. His strip scar work was phenomenal and my frontal third looks natural, so if I do ever decide to proceed with another procedure he'll undoubtedly be whom I trust! The questions I had today was whether the doctor and Spex recommended further density added to the front, to handle the crown, or perhaps live as is. (Dr. Alexander will actually tell you if no procedure is best.) 

After inspection in person, both concluded that my frontal third looked quite good and natural for my profile/genetics/etc. The consensus was to do a one-and-done FUT on the crown. The doctor felt I had minimal risk to the mid/bridge section if maintained properly. Note that this is different than the previous pictures seemed to reveal. (Great news!) Spex went as far as saying I had a LOT of hair in that area. Whew! 

Now that I have more data I'll consider my options. I was concerned another procedure would lead me to the "chase", but Dr. Alexander and Spex both felt crown attention may be my final unless technology really progresses in the future and i kept at proper maintenance (even without fin). I however dread the idea of another strip procedure recovery, just because of the cosmetic strain involved. I was reassured the second time around is easier, and I can actually envision that based on experience and surgery location. 

No pictures as things are the same as before except some more gradual loss in the crown. 

And lastly... 

I can absolutely confirm that Spex's hair looks incredible in person.

Edited by Slush

My HT Journey

Disguising my FUT Scar

5% Minoxidil Foam

• 5 years later...

I randomly signed in here and just so happens you bumped this thread yesterday. Funny coincidence!

7-years later and I have no regrets. Not much has changed. I'm very pleased with how my face is framed.  Every morning when I do my hair I think about the transplant, usually it's just a moment. I'm very pleased. 

I do find myself wanting to hide the transplant scar. Dr. Alexander's work is phenomenal, but when my hair is cut too short I have a pencil line or a "hat" line and minor shock loss that is detectable. This translates to some angst every time I get a haircut, as I do like to cut short (#2). I also do want another transplant, but I don't want to go through the long process of recovery. My career is now very public, so I can't conceal like I did many years ago. 

I think about taking a month off for FUE in the crown and front denisty additions, but now that I'm in my 40s I care less than i once did. What I may end up doing is SMP to help conceal the shock loss around the scar. (Just starting to think SMP. Needs more research.)

In all, I am very happy. Since I may not do another transplant, I would have been fine with FUE. Still absolutely love the work Dr. Alexander did. 

3 years ago I started topical minoxidil & finasteride. 

20230829_224045~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1691296784119~2.jpg

20231229_220048~2.jpg

Edited by Slush

My HT Journey

Disguising my FUT Scar

5% Minoxidil Foam