First Procedure 2500 grafts Rahal

Con718

Hi,

After years of consultations and internet searches I'm finally going through with a HT. I'm scheduled with Dr Rahal in 2 weeks for a 2500 graft fue procedure.

My question is regarding swelling. I have a 2 day business trip planned 10 days after my surgery. I was wondering how much of the swelling is still present that long after surgery.

Thanks for your help and I'll be sure to post pre and post op pictures after the procedure.

Best of luck to you, I've seen admirable results from Dr. Rahal and many people seem to be pleased with his work, I hope you're going to be another success.

If all goes well it's going to be a decision you will not regret, a quality HT is psychologically impactful in a very positive way in terms of inspiring a healthier self image if one has previously been insecure or negatively affected by hair loss.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Are the grafts being placed in the frontal zone? The redness was gone for me well before the two month mark, and my hair had grown back to an extent that I had ditched my hat by month three.

It really depends on your individual case.

I do wish you all the best. You're in great hands.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Out of the four hair transplant procedures I've had, only one resulted in any swelling. That said, it did still remain around the 10 day mark as far as I remember but I believe it was pretty much all gone at that point. So even in the worst case scenario, it will likely be gone or at least very close to it between seven and 10 days.

I hope this helps

Bill

Swelling shouldn't persist long if at all, however, depending upon your physiology and the care of the doctor, you could experience some redness in the recipient site for weeks, even months in some rare instances, especially if you have a fair complexion to contrast against.

My first HT was with a doctor I didn't use for the next two, and I experienced lots of redness for almost two months, Dr. Gabel did my last two, and I didn't repeat the experience. I'm not sure what was different the last two times, but I'm glad the redness was not revisited in my subsequent procedures.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016