Dry/Peeling Scalp 3 months Post Hair Transplant

Hey everyone,

After showering, I'm noticing that my scalp and forehead are dry and peeling. I'm now 3 months post-op, I use Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo and Rogaine Foam once everyday before I go to bed.

What might be the cause of this? The weather probably or the rogaine? Any ideas on how to solve this?

Part of what you are experiencing is related to the scalp healing and the shedding of the outer layer of scalp tissue. In addition, all minoxidil related products are loaded with alcohol based additives which can also dry out the scalp. Doubtful that the weather has much to do with this.

Try adding a shampoo and cr?me rinse enriched with aloe vera which can both soothe and moisturize your scalp. Any moisturizer will help. If the dryness persists, contact your doctor.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Part of what you are experiencing is related to the scalp healing and the shedding of the outer layer of scalp tissue. In addition, all minoxidil related products are loaded with alcohol based additives which can also dry out the scalp. Doubtful that the weather has much to do with this.

Try adding a shampoo and cr?me rinse enriched with aloe vera which can both soothe and moisturize your scalp. Any moisturizer will help. If the dryness persists, contact your doctor.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Thanks for your reply and your wishes, much appreciated :) Will try using a moisturizer. The reason why I thought the weather has something to do with this is because my forehead is experiencing the same as well as my hands.

My question is can this peeling negatively affect my hair transplant at this stage?

My question is can this peeling negatively affect my hair transplant at this stage?

The peeling/flaking itself will not have an impact, but picking at it when it's dry - hence the importance of a moisturizer - or using a harsh shampoo or topical on the area could.

So use a gentle moisturizer and don't pick at it.

If there's something really stuck that won't come off then use a small amount of virgin olive oil to remove it gently.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)