Hypothetical question

Just a bit of an odd thought, would transplants harvested from one person's head grow successfully on another person's? There should be no issue with that, in theory, right? Like organ transplants.

I wonder if there could ever be a market for outside donors selling some transplants to those willing to pay. Like guys who didn't need/want an HT, but could use the money.

Maybe I can start a gofundme page and a bunch of random dudes can just donate like 10 grafts each. And I can get plugged up like a champion.

Unfortunately, donor grafts cannot be shared from one person to another unless those individuals are identical twins. Trying to do so would require the same harsh anti-rejection drugs that organ recipients must take.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Diddo...just like any other organ of the body...must have the DNA match...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY