30 Year Old - Decided on HT

Hi all,

I've been a long-term lurker on here and other hairloss forums. I just turned 30 and finally reached the decision to get a FUE HT to try and improve my situation and battered confidence. I slowly lost my hair since my early 20s and been very paranoid for at least 5 years and can no longer live the way I am.

I would appreciate views on the extent of my hairloss in the photos I have taken today. They have really shocked me as I use hair fibres to cover my scalp and my hair usually looks curly and more full. I cant continue with hair fibres as I use it at the front of my hairline and I know its noticeable but I feel trapped in a cycle. Also the camera light has really highlighted the extent of my loss too, it doesn't look so bad indoors.

Rather than get depressed about the situation like I have for too long, I need to take back control and make good decisions.

I am not a rich man but don't want cost to be too much of a factor (within reason). I've just requested an online consultation with Dr Koray Erdogan in Turkey and looking at a few others. Grateful for community thoughts on other surgeons to consult for my particular hair loss?

If its helpful to know, I've been on Propecia for 18 months and started Rogaine 2 months ago,

Thanks,

Will

5b32f10777360_backpicfourcopy.jpg.d9a3fa0d10512a94d84590eec16fdcd0.jpg

closeupdonor.jpg.72eb6b5a448ae56f1c2bd57654c895e6.jpg

crownfive.thumb.jpg.25562cb0acf44905e36047eda41db003.jpg

frontpictwo.jpg.a60a08036939a33d36349b6a6c718b33.jpg

front2pre.jpg.bc51b32a3b92be14250a1caddd5415b9.jpg

leftandfrontpre.jpg.3d93f75f6abe620ccfa51613ce69c713.jpg

rightsidepre.jpg.edb1938f68b23dac8f02b562398e5397.jpg

vertexpicthree.jpg.4c6c6183043474bc79dd230e42821990.jpg

Edited by WillHT

Hi Will, welcome to the forum.

Some will ask if you're on meds, but I'm not one that recommends quickly jumping on Finasteride (Propecia/proscar) because it can cause side effects. But know your options including Fin and Minoxidil.

Since you're in the UK I would try to get some consultations - if possible in person sessions - with the elite surgeons in Belgium such as Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Lupanzula etc.

Erdogan is great as well but honestly worry about that part of the world due to the never ending incidents there (another one this weekend).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Welcome to the forum. I am pleased to hear that you have been using Propecia for 18 months and Regaine for 2 months but do you think it has slowed down your loss or stopped it? How did it look 18 months ago before starting Propecia

You have a fairly advanced pattern of loss so it would be good to know that any Doctor is going be be working in a stable environment. I would consider restoring the frontal third working into the mid scalp and hope that meds are working for you to hold what is going on further back. You will need to keep grafts in reserve for further loss. I would see some Doctors in person for a consultation to assess donor density and miniaturization before taking the plunge.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Thanks the replies, much appreciated.

DavidAnderson - My hair loss has slowed from what I can see. Its hard to know if its stabilised but will keep taking photos to see.

I will take your advice and get face to face consultations before going ahead.