~1200 grafts @ AEK Dr.Karadeniz

Tiquin

Hello guys. It has been exactly 1 week since my HT at Dr.K in Istambul. Sorry for posting late but I figured I owe it to all of you to share my HT experience as well...especially since my scabs started coming off.

I am 25 years old and I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that not only my hairline/temple area is receding but sides and back of the head as well... Dr.K drew a conservative hairline for me.

I was sitting in a chair in Turkey and thinking "is it even worth fighting?..maybe I should just shave" since my donor area is apparently receding rapidly. I told my concerns to Dr and he said he cant operate on a patient who isnt even sure anymore. We talked and he told me I'm 1-2% of patients who actually want more conservative hairline - so he drew a new one.

Worth mentioning that doctor told me that it's his "surgery day" and I can have as many grafts transplanted as I want...for the same price.

Our thoughts behind this conservative decision: transplanted hair stay for my whole life, I am only 25 years old and only started taking finasteride now. If in the near future my body responds well to finasteride I can always 'improve' my hairline a bit...if needed.

Truth is I only hated my deep temple area so Im excited to see what it looks like in a year or so. Although probably could have added some hair to my sides as well.

Dr.K did all the excisions and incisions himself. Technicians just pulled grafts out and put them inside those incision areas. They told me it went well...

I dont know if I forgot to mention anything but feel free to ask me anything :)

These are my pre-op pics http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185000-few-questions-photos.html

21.thumb.jpg.7dec7a58cb6b1bb5cc293f61b5db71e9.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.fb0077450173f06ff27d4a5c4d8e7cc7.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8e4105ac679d3c8fabb9581181b11d56.jpg

22.thumb.jpg.1cbc020c6cd4fd176aa234558c8a8c5b.jpg

• 2 months later...