Graft Considerations from Docs

palma13

I am 30 years old. I am getting a hair transplant and have been talking to 3 different very well established doctors. I have been recommended graft numbers from 2000-2600. Just wondering what you guys think so I am posting some pics of where my hair loss stands and where I am planning to put my hairline. Honestly, I would like it lower but I have to consider the future concern of further hairloss and the density all over my scalp is constantly thinning and only hanging on since I am on 2.5 mg Finasteride for over 3 years. I will continue to use it until you know what happens :D

JmhZ8Tg.jpg

gd3hcWu.jpg

xB8oFb2.jpg

msP5taz.jpg

I would lower the centre a little but increase the amount of recession as the line drawn looks a little flat/straight.

The doctor would have to evaluate your donor capacity on the day which will dictate how agressive to go.

I would not place any grafts other than in the hairline and frontal third at this stage. What you have at the moment creates good coverage and I bet is only really noticeable from above.

JmhZ8Tg.jpg.a9673661cefde2794112050176f21f4d.jpg

JmhZ8Tg2.jpg.e8b2b19dcaf912d7964194f03fee16e9.jpg

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would lower the centre a little but increase the amount of recession as the line drawn looks a little flat/straight.

The doctor would have to evaluate your donor capacity on the day which will dictate how agressive to go.

I would not place any grafts other than in the hairline and frontal third at this stage. What you have at the moment creates good coverage and I bet is only really noticeable from above.

Thank you so much for your response. That actually makes a lot of sense because as I have been browsing more pics of HTs some of the flat hairlines do look a little unnatural and I am an amateur so that is to be expected. The one you drew looks more like what mine did before I had hairloss of course it was at 1/2-3/4" lower. Since I part my hair on one side which you can kinda see in my pic would also work better with the hairline you drew.

Ya up top the diffuse thinning I guess I will have to just continue fighting with finasteride until it gets worse. Its mostly visible only from the top and now more so since there isn't much up front so at least that will be addressed by the HT. Also, kinda helps I have curly/wavy hair so the thinning areas aren't as obvious.

Thank you so much for your response. That actually makes a lot of sense because as I have been browsing more pics of HTs some of the flat hairlines do look a little unnatural and I am an amateur so that is to be expected. The one you drew looks more like what mine did before I had hairloss of course it was at 1/2-3/4" lower. Since I part my hair on one side which you can kinda see in my pic would also work better with the hairline you drew.

Ya up top the diffuse thinning I guess I will have to just continue fighting with finasteride until it gets worse. Its mostly visible only from the top and now more so since there isn't much up front so at least that will be addressed by the HT. Also, kinda helps I have curly/wavy hair so the thinning areas aren't as obvious.

Just added a 'photoshop' (actually Windows Paint) of what it may look like. See previous post.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Just added a 'photoshop' (actually Windows Paint) of what it may look like. See previous post.

Oh wow I wish I had more imaginative thinking to have thought of that myself. Its funny the flat hair line look more appealing at first glance even if it is further back because you associate it with a more youthful hairline. The curving one even though its lower still reminds you of a receding hairline. But it probably looks more natural for my age. Of course the Doc would make final determination based on face etc.