Can someone explain to me why Rogain only works on the crown area?

LT

I know all about how your suppose to use Rogain 5% foam just on the crown but why can't it work on your entire scalp? Is their a reason why it only works on the crown and not in the front top of the head? If I apply Rogain all over my scalp can that possibly hurt the remaining hair in the frontal hairline?

I know all about how your suppose to use Rogain 5% foam just on the crown but why can't it work on your entire scalp? Is their a reason why it only works on the crown and not in the front top of the head? If I apply Rogain all over my scalp can that possibly hurt the remaining hair in the frontal hairline?

LT - I'm no expert but the stats say that 90% of men who start using it can prevent any further hair loss. I'm not sure if this is dependent on what NW level they are when they start but I was under the impression that it didn't make any difference.

Perhaps by working you mean not just halting further loss but rejuvenation of hairs that have become miniaturised? I guess in this case hair in the hairline & temples is the most sensitive to DHT because it tends to go first. So on that basis propecia is least likely to have a beneficial effect on those hairs. I think I read somewhere that Dutasteride might in some cases have more effect on the hairline. However, it's side effects are much less well understood and it effects an enzyme which is present in the brain.

Hopefully you can get a more complete answer but maybe this is some help.

• 1 month later...

Studies on Rogaine were done only on the crown area. Therefore they can make the claim it works on the crown If they were to make claims on the frontal hairline they would be in violation of FDA regulations.

Though I have read a few studies that have shown stoppage of hair loss in the front.. Along with regrowth, especially in the temple area.